Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieved another person's order

Options
  • 05-12-2020 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

I was expecting a package from 'company x'. It arrived this morning, or so I thought. It was addressed to me and everything, but when I opened it it was a completely different order. There was also the invoice enclosed, which was for another customer entirely. So the wrong order was packed into the wrong box clearly.

It's the first I've experienced this kinda thing. What's the proper way of going about returning this usually? I've emailed the company obviously and will give it a few hours. If I hear nothing within a reasonable time frame, I will get in contact by phone. Just wanted to see people's experience of this if a similar thing happened to them.

Mistakes happen obviously, and deliveries are all busy this time of year especially with COVID19. It seems like so ridiculous an error though, especially seeing as how this customer literally lives on the complete far side of the country to me. Even if the names were similar I could at least make some sort of sense of that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

it a dreadfully easy error to make but most companies have ways of checking.

Usually it due to too much chat going on in the dispatch area and incorrect label is applied.

I was in a company once where due to a printing error about 500 people got the order that was meant to go to the person immediately previous to their order. (overly automated system of an international company that wanted as few employees as possible.)

It simply happens as we humans are human and we make errors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Hopefully it will be collected by delivery people and get sorted and yours will be found also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I got someone else's order from Amazon yesterday. It's a a vaguely similar address but equally definitely not mine.

Amazon are telling me to keep it, but I don't wish to open it and for all I know it could be an important gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

The exact same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I contacted the retailer and they arranged for the courier to send me my correct order and collect the incorrect one at the same time.

They were an Irish company though. If it's a UK company they may say to keep the item, depending on its value of course and resend you out your correct order.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭migrant

I received somebody else's order from Aamzon last week, Gift-wrapped with a personalised card. Amazon told me to just bin it. That's even though I was able to tell them the order number for that person's product from the packing-slip in the box.
    They were probably at least as surprised as me though, if they got the 12 packs of tofu that I was expecting

• Advertisement
Advertisement