Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 3 month rental in Tallaght

Options
  • 03-12-2020 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi everyone. I'm just putting something out here and seeing if I get any responses.
    I'm looking for an apartment to rent in or near Tallaght for 3 months. January to April.

I'll be studying in the National Ambulance Service College full time for 12 weeks.

See a few things on daft and rent.ie but maybe somebody here has something?

Also, if anybody knows places to avoid let me know.
    Also looking at the likes of citywest, fotunestown, firhouse etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭SteM

Will you be driving to college or taking public transport? It's right beside the Luas stop iirc so you could look at Kingswood as well if you're on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

SteM wrote: »
    Will you be driving to college or taking public transport? It's right beside the Luas stop iirc so you could look at Kingswood as well if you're on public transport.

Avoid Fortunestown anyway. Would have though there'd be lots of apartments available near the Square since Covid but maybe not for 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭SteM

Avoid Fortunestown anyway. Would have though there'd be lots of apartments available near the Square since Covid but maybe not for 3 months?

Think the 3 month thing will be an issue, maybe look for a house or apartment share and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You could get a studio in Rathmines on a short let. Drive or bus or cycle out to Tallaght reasonably easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 donottroll

There's a really modern and nice looking place in Rathfarnam called Whitepine meadows thats on daft for short let.....from €600 apparently.

Whats the catch?
    SteM wrote: »

I'll need a parking space at least but I could cycle, drive, take the bus. Would prefer my commute to be <30 minutes however.

Don't know anything about fortunestown tbh. Thanks for the info.

The only area I really know around tallaght to avoid is the likes of Jobstown.

There's a good few apartments near the square yeah. I sent off a bunch of messages to several of the letting agents on daft asking if theyd consider a 3 month lese but not holding my breath.

Shocking prices all the same. 1600-2000 per month.
    You could get a studio in Rathmines on a short let. Drive or bus or cycle out to Tallaght reasonably easily.

I never considered this. I presumed Rathmines would be too far away to commute in terms of traffic and time. Will check it out more. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Forget agents. They will have zero interest.

Try airbnb - a few would love a 3 month rental for a property that would probably be empty

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Darc19 wrote: »
    Forget agents. They will have zero interest.

Try airbnb - a few would love a 3 month rental for a property that would probably be empty

This would be a good shout, prob get it cheaper than usual too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

donottroll wrote: »

I never considered this. I presumed Rathmines would be too far away to commute in terms of traffic and time. Will check it out more. Thanks.
    The Western part of Rathmines is adjacent to Harolds Cross which is on bus routes to Tallaght and is a 30 minute drive from the NAS.

Airbnb is shocking price.
    A lot of airbnb and private lets seem to be bed in the kitchen type jobs or brick shed in somebodies back yard for 1500 per month.

Might also go down the route of student sharing accomodation.

Looks to be places in TU tallaght campus for €600 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

did you try booking.com? they have rentals available also - might not be as cheap though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Airbnb is shocking price.
    A lot of airbnb and private lets seem to be bed in the kitchen type jobs or brick shed in somebodies back yard for 1500 per month.

Might also go down the route of student sharing accomodation.

Looks to be places in TU tallaght campus for €600 per month.

Strange, must be the Irish mentality. I got a whole apartment from r less than half the original price when I had to go abroad recently. When I looked everywhere was cheap, but I guess that wasn't Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

I would definitely recommend renting a room. Citywest is a good option. It will be hard to get a place for yourself, even harder for the 3months. If you rent a room then it will be easier to find, and cheaper obviously. Best of luck with the training!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Ask the course organisers... The training would likely have attracted people from outside Dublin before... They may very well know of a solution....

Best of luck...

Darth....

Darthvadar wrote: »
    Ask the course organisers... The training would likely have attracted people from outside Dublin before... They may very well know of a solution....

Best of luck...

Darth....

The recommendation is a nearby hotel that charged €55 per night. No breakast included, and afaik the hotel has issues with noise from certain residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The recommendation is a nearby hotel that charged €55 per night. No breakast included, and afaik the hotel has issues with noise from certain residents.

"homeless" :D

The type you never want living beside you.

Rent a room possibly best option. Www.rent.ie

Advertisement