Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal & Light In the Box

Options
  • 30-11-2020 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All, I went online and bought light strips around the room from Light in the box on 15th of September. I bought a 10 m long light strip and than on the 17th of September I bought a 20 m light strip from the same merchant, all payments via Paypal. On their side and in an email to me, Light In the box stated clearly that delivery will be done between 3 and 10 days. Knowing the pandemic situation around the world, I was willing to wait even longer. In October I started sending messages to Light in the Box Customer service asking about my packages. Until the 10th of October they were saying that the packages are still on the way, and provided me with the tracking numbers to check with the local delivery hub. I am pretty sure that they do not send it with a chinese company to the door, they are sending it via an post, as everybody else. So I checked on an post tracking side, also went to the local post package hub, they were saying the same, there is no package received for me or my address from China.
    After many days, in the middle of October, the answer from Light in the box customer service changed and they started sending me evidence from their delivery company, that says the goods were in fact delivered to my address on the 25th of September!
    I argued with them back and for, until I had enough and went to Paypal to open a dispute and get my money back from these cowboys.
    I provided Paypal with all the lies the customer service from Light in the box were feeding me and waited for my money to be returned to me, 35.77 and 30.43 EUR.
    Guess what? PayPal just came back to me and denied my request, saying that Light in the box provided them with the Chinese delivery company tracking of the packages and it is saying there that the item was delivered to my address!
    So Paypal does not even investigate the issue, it just believes the bigger and stronger? Just putting this out there, see if any of you happened anything like this?
    I will take this issue to small claim court, as I see these guys are just not following any common sense.
    Regards and stay safe,
    Marius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Same happened to me. Delivery record says delivered but nothing arrived. Paypal washed their hands saying seller provided delivery record.

I got out of it eventually by asking the seller to start an enquiry with courier and that came back in my favour after 3 months. But that was with DHL and a European seller. You might just be screwed.

Paypal protection was absolutely no good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Small claims court is a waste of time if the company are in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

marius087 wrote: »
    Hi All, I went online and bought light strips around the room from Light in the box on 15th of September. I bought a 10 m long light strip and than on the 17th of September I bought a 20 m light strip from the same merchant, all payments via Paypal. On their side and in an email to me, Light In the box stated clearly that delivery will be done between 3 and 10 days. Knowing the pandemic situation around the world, I was willing to wait even longer. In October I started sending messages to Light in the Box Customer service asking about my packages. Until the 10th of October they were saying that the packages are still on the way, and provided me with the tracking numbers to check with the local delivery hub. I am pretty sure that they do not send it with a chinese company to the door, they are sending it via an post, as everybody else. So I checked on an post tracking side, also went to the local post package hub, they were saying the same, there is no package received for me or my address from China.
    After many days, in the middle of October, the answer from Light in the box customer service changed and they started sending me evidence from their delivery company, that says the goods were in fact delivered to my address on the 25th of September!
    I argued with them back and for, until I had enough and went to Paypal to open a dispute and get my money back from these cowboys.
    I provided Paypal with all the lies the customer service from Light in the box were feeding me and waited for my money to be returned to me, 35.77 and 30.43 EUR.
    Guess what? PayPal just came back to me and denied my request, saying that Light in the box provided them with the Chinese delivery company tracking of the packages and it is saying there that the item was delivered to my address!
    So Paypal does not even investigate the issue, it just believes the bigger and stronger? Just putting this out there, see if any of you happened anything like this?
    I will take this issue to small claim court, as I see these guys are just not following any common sense.
    Regards and stay safe,
    Marius

I dont know if the small claims court will be possible as the company isn't based in Ireland, unless you take PayPal to court.

I would bring the evidence of delivery to An post and see what they say as they would have been delivering it, if its been faked they'll know.

If you paid with credit or debit card you could try a chargeback from your bank. PayPal can be useless but if you have An post to back you up they may have found in your favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

What do the Tracking Numbers show on 17track.net ? (you might have to click the "translate to English" Button)

If they show that your packages arrived in Ireland, are they marked as delivered ?
    Is so, check the tracking Numbers on An Post's Tracking Service and see if they have a record of them and where they were actually delivered to....
    If none of this adds up your only chance now is a Credit Card Chargeback from Paypal, as Paypal will probably fob you off again.

If you can actually track your packages, and they do show up as delivered in your area it will be practically impossible to get a refund from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 marius087

Thanks guys, still battling these wind mills, paypal and light in the box. Can't believe what the assistant in Paypal give me as answer, see below for yourselves:

Hello Marius, Welcome to PayPal Messaging. My name is XXXXXX, I'll be more than happy to assist you.
    I understand it can be upsetting if you have not received the item for an order and I do appreciate you taking your time to check on this with us. I am happy to check and provide you with the information today.
    Upon checking the case PP-D-91523073 filed as Item not received amounting 30.43 EUR, case was closed in seller' favour.
    Seller has updated a tracking number - YT2026121266081122 which confirms the item was delivered to Dublin on september 25th .
    Link to check : yunexpress&tracking-numbers=YT2026121266081122
    I did check the location and see the item was delivered 4.2 miles away from your actual location .
    Link to confirm : can;t post link due website rules...
    As post office have confirmed the item was not delivered, I would request you to please contact yunpress and obtain a official letter confirming the same."

So in other words, go on a chase goose, we, paypal, will not give you the money back!

Even when they have the evidence, as per their saying, that delivery was made somewhere else in Dublin. Tbh, I don' t believe anything they say atm. Back in 2008 when I signed up with Paypal, I tought I have peace of mind, no one will can screw me over. Unfortunately, first time i need them, they just acting up, not following common sense and logic at all. World of finance, world of crooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The An Post tracking number for this comes up as CE980402699IEand does show delivery on 25/09.

You can request a proof of delivery from An post, but they seem to be just marking it as delivered themselves nowadays and simply input the Name of the Addressee on their system.
    Best guess is that they delivered the package to your address, left it outside (or similar) and somebody picked it up......

Advertisement