Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores

Options
  • 02-12-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭

This isn’t an issue but I don’t know where else on the boards to ask.

I need a travel mug but I can’t use the insulated one with steel as I always burn my lip in the metal. The bamboo mugs are impossible to clean except by scrapping plus the rubber holder eventually starts falling off.

Dunnes have a really good travel mug -https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/reusable-coffee-mug/7818141?colour=Multi - but I need a bigger one.

This one is the only size they have on the site and in stores.

Anybody know a website where I can get big ones?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's a sort-of clone of the Keep Cup, as far as I can tell - which is available in many sizes but is painfully expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

L1011 wrote: »
    That's a sort-of clone of the Keep Cup, as far as I can tell - which is available in many sizes but is painfully expensive.

I bought two keep cups, one for me and one for my OH, I was at the till when I realised the price and just bought them. However 2 years later we still have them, mine has been in cars all over the place and in the side pocket of my backpack on the motorbike, been flung around the place and in the dishwasher, it still looks brand new and even the rubber piece is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Get yourself a Contigo, there aren't many better out there. You can get the metal body but the drinking part is plastic and they're easily washable.

Can be got in a few b&m stores, or their online sites.

https://mycontigo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

L1011 wrote: »

That does indeed look the same.

Thank you.

I bought two keep cups, one for me and one for my OH, I was at the till when I realised the price and just bought them. However 2 years later we still have them, mine has been in cars all over the place and in the side pocket of my backpack on the motorbike, been flung around the place and in the dishwasher, it still looks brand new and even the rubber piece is perfect.

Thanks for the review.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    Get yourself a Contigo, there aren't many better out there. You can get the metal body but the drinking part is plastic and they're easily washable.

Can be got in a few b&m stores, or their online sites.

https://mycontigo.com/

Thank you. I will give them a look.

Cups like this can keep drinks hot or cold but are they suitable for milk? Will it still be fresh after hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Speaking of Dunnes Stores, them and a couple of other chain like SuperValu* are no longer allowing customers to use reusable coffee cups for hygiene reasons during Covid-19. Take note if planning to buy coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Speaking of Dunnes Stores, them and a couple of other chain like SuperValu* are no longer allowing customers to use reusable coffee cups for hygiene reasons during Covid-19. Take note if planning to buy coffee

Do you mean people bringing their own cups to use at the in-store hot brink machines?

Why are those still open? How can you be drinking coffee while going shopping around a supermarket wearing a mask that you are not shopped to touch with your hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Do you mean people bringing their own cups to use at the in-store hot brink machines?

Why are those still open? How can you be drinking coffee while going shopping around a supermarket wearing a mask that you are not shopped to touch with your hands?

In a feat of mental gymnastics and forward planning perhaps they're buying the coffee on the way out?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Thank you. I will give them a look.

Cups like this can keep drinks hot or cold but are they suitable for milk? Will it still be fresh after hours?

I have one of these on the go ... 4 years now! costs a bit but oh, so worth it ...it has saved me fortune not buying coffees

• Advertisement

In a feat of mental gymnastics and forward planning perhaps they're buying the coffee on the way out?

No.

Seen plenty of the twits buying on the way in.

My local Dunnes closed it and early in the first lockdown and again in the second and have to cover it both times because people kept trying to use it and complaining to staff there was no cups. Apparently the covering didn’t stop some people trying to use it either.

And I believe the security guards were also stopping people going in with their own cups.

Advertisement