Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do doctors and dentists have less time for medical care patients?

Options
  • 04-12-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Has anybody else experienced this? Sive I've had a medical card I feel that my doctor and dentist are trying to get me out as soon as they can and not doing the job properly. I recently went for a scale and polish and paid the €80 since I wasnt eligible for the tax scheme and got two fillings while I was there (which were covered by the MC) and there was still food stuck between my teeth afterwards. When I recently went to the doctor and he asked me if there was anything else I wanted to ask (bearing in mind the first issue only took 5 mins) and I said yes, he sighed and said okay let's have a quick look I'm very busy today. Maybe they think that 'paying' patients deserve more time and effort as they can relate to them more. At the end of the day they probably end up earning more from me as I probably only go to each of them twice a year and I know they're paid for more than that. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Not in my experience. Ive a MC and a couple of chronic conditions. 90% of my appearances at my doctors office is because they have contacted me and asked me to attended for bloods and other tests and check ups. Can't remember the last time I contacted them to make an appointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement