Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance full licence (auto)

Options
  • 19-02-2021 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My parter moved here a few years ago from canada and got her licence exchanged for an Irish one letting her drive automatic cars only. We've now purchased a manual car and shes gotten a provisional licence and is awaiting her test, she is still on my insurance policy from the last car is it possible for her to drive the car while accompanied by a fully licenced driver (manual) over 2 years on that insurance policy.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Pad36 wrote: »
    My parter moved here a few years ago from canada and got her licence exchanged for an Irish one letting her drive automatic cars only. We've now purchased a manual car and shes gotten a provisional licence and is awaiting her test, she is still on my insurance policy from the last car is it possible for her to drive the car while accompanied by a fully licenced driver (manual) over 2 years on that insurance policy.
    Thanks
    She’s named on your policy and you have a manual? If it’s not declared her full licence is restricted to automatic vehicles she won’t be covered.

Telling them she’s on a learner permit which is the correct thing to do may inflate the premium.

Once the insurers give the ok, drive on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pad36

She’s naked on your policy and you have a manual? If it’s not declared her full licence is restricted to automatic vehicles she won’t be covered.

Telling them she’s on a learner permit which is the correct thing to do may inflate the premium.

Once the insurers give the ok, drive on.

That's pretty much what I thought thanks.

Advertisement