Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: ROUND 16 Bahrain 2

Options
  • 02-12-2020 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix 2020

So New Track , the almost Oval or as close as F1 can get .
    No Hamilton , No Grosjean ,
    Russell Move ( One day event ) , Fittipaldi and Aitken make their Debuts .
    All the nature of a Power Track

image.png

Circuit Length 3.543km
    Number of Laps 87

Late Evening viewing this weekend, ah the winter nights and the Cars do look great under lights.

Session Your time
    1st Free practice Fri 4 Dec 13:30 - 15:00
    2nd Free practice Fri 4 Dec 17:30 - 19:00
    3rd Free practice Sat 5 Dec 14:00 - 15:00
    1st Qualifying Sat 5 Dec 17:00 - 17:18
    2nd Qualifying Sat 5 Dec 17:25 - 17:40
    3rd Qualifying Sat 5 Dec 17:48 - 18:00
    Race Sun 6 Dec 17:10 - 19:10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Later times - cool.

I hope George wins

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Track looks boring as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Zookey123 wrote: »

I dont know ... 2 drs zones .. 3 corners where you can overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

weisses wrote: »
    I dont know ... 2 drs zones .. 3 corners where you can overtake.

So the fastest car can get to the front as quick as possible and if you are anyway slower your a sitting duck. That's not racing. It's artificial overtaking. There is no need for DRS on some tracks if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

This is my first time seeing it, and I have to agree. Looks dull as dishwater. Really hope to be proven wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

recyclebin wrote: »
    So the fastest car can get to the front as quick as possible and if you are anyway slower your a sitting duck. That's not racing. It's artificial overtaking. There is no need for DRS on some tracks if at all.

They should remove DRS for this weekend. Getting a tow down those straights is enough of a help.

Turn 1 could be interesting with low downforce setups likely, also the turn 7-8 fast chicane. Tyre deg not such an issue but brake heating could be.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The fact that it's full throttle for 75% of the track this late in the season may mean we'll witness a few dying engines!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Only F1 would describe a track with 11 corners as an Oval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Bookies favour Max V for the Win

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

quokula wrote: »
    Only F1 would describe a track with 11 corners as an Oval.

At least 6 of them are flat out mind, and hardly corners in a modern F1 car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

They should remove DRS for this weekend. Getting a tow down those straights is enough of a help.

Turn 1 could be interesting with low downforce setups likely, also the turn 7-8 fast chicane. Tyre deg not such an issue but brake heating could be.

The last corner(s) will be interesting too. They have a few hundred metres longer straight before they get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

So what do you think will equate to a successful weekend for Russell, all? Podium at minimum or would you allow him a bit more rope than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    The last corner(s) will be interesting too. They have a few hundred metres longer straight before they get there.

True, but I think most interesting may be lap 1, corner 1. Some cars could handle like shopping trollies, with cold brakes and tyres...:pac:

BrentMused wrote: »
    So what do you think will equate to a successful weekend for Russell, all? Podium at minimum or would you allow him a bit more rope than that?

Ah its difficult to say right now. As Russell himself said he doesn't have any aims other than giving it his best every corner. We will have a good idea over the practice sessions where he stands relative to Botas but really would be shocked if he out qualifies him. It is a new set up for him.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ah its difficult to say right now. As Russell himself said he doesn't have any aims other than giving it his best every corner. We will have a good idea over the practice sessions where he stands relative to Botas but really would be shocked if he out qualifies him. It is a new set up for him.

He did an interview with Lazenby where he says he has to wear shoes that are a size too small for him in order to properly apply the pedals.

He played down the significance of that, but he’ll find it uncomfortable at the very least.

I know he’s not up to much but it’s great to see the Fittipaldi name back on the F1 grid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

STOP THE COUNT!!

Russel P1

I want him to win and hammer bottas.
    Realistically for him, success would be P3 or higher.

I'd say the most likely outcome would be a VER - BOT - RUS podium, so if russell is P3 or better that's success.

ELM327 wrote: »
    STOP THE COUNT!!

Russel P1

Followed by Bottas being rattled.

I actually like the track. It’s very quick but bumpy as well.

Bottas under pressure now. Pushing too hard qualifying tomorrow should be fun.

• Advertisement

They’re definitely going to look at track limits for turn 8 after Max going wide there I’d say

Alpha Tauri’s look quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

2 races to go , I would say Honda gave them all the engine they want this weekend

Faugheen wrote: »
    They’re definitely going to look at track limits for turn 8 after Max going wide there I’d say

And again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I expect him to do well in qualifying but who knows how he’ll do during the actual race. Really depend on him mentally when it comes to the switch of actually competing up top versus hanging at the back for Williams. Yes he did it in F2 but different ball game now.

Norris thinks he can win it, Leclerc expects a podium. While Russell probably wants a podium I think he’d secretly be content with just finally scoring points!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Bottas is really struggling / driving normally

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Big confidence boost for Russell but very early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

he got his First P1 ........good for him. But SKY are going to be unbearable .

Excellent stuff. Delighted that Bottas is being shown up as the useless bumbling idiot that he is.

• Advertisement

Joeface wrote: »
    he got his First P1 ........good for him. But SKY are going to be unbearable .

British broadcaster excited about young British driver driving the fastest car shocker.

Can we not start this bollocks again? If Russell was Irish we’d be just as bad if not worse,

Advertisement