Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of fascia, soffit & gutters

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chopper53

PCros wrote: »
    Have 3 quotes so far and they are all in around €1200/€1300 for black. Was also looking to match the front anthracite grey windows so to match that was coming in around €1500. Think I'll just go black.

I also have a small roof at the front which covers the porch and sitting room too so that is extra work there.
    Could you please pm the companies you got quotes from plesse? Just doing some research. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Alkers wrote: »
    I got a good few quotes for this recently in Dublin 12 and the best ballpark I could get was 100e per linear m installed for gutter, facia and soffit.

This was a proper roofing company who came and worked from a cherry picker, there was all manners of cowboys working from a ladder etc who might have been cheaper

Fascia is approx €20 per 5 metre length, and soffit is approx €10 per 5 metre length. That is €30 for material costs to cover 5 metres, which is €6 per linear metre. Granted there are trims, nails etc. that aren't factored in, and the gutters aren't included also, but they are relatively inexpensive.

Someone is making a few bob all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Fascia is approx €20 per 5 metre length, and soffit is approx €10 per 5 metre length. That is €30 for material costs to cover 5 metres, which is €6 per linear metre. Granted there are trims, nails etc. that aren't factored in, and the gutters aren't included also, but they are relatively inexpensive.

Someone is making a few bob all the same

I agree completely but o contacted over fifteen companies and only a few were significantly cheaper but they were seriously dodgy - fake websites, addresses, other people's photos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Alkers wrote: »
    I agree completely but o contacted over fifteen companies and only a few were significantly cheaper but they were seriously dodgy - fake websites, addresses, other people's photos etc.

I'd say you would get them to travel from Cork and Limerick for less than that money!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 neil_peart

Any recommendations of companies that carried out good work?? Dublin region

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We used Leinster Guttering recently and would highly recommend them. Arrived when he said he would, cleaned up after himself and the work he did looks really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 s0000

Hi folks,

I need advice...
    I was originally quoted 2000E for the replacement of facias and soffits for the black uPVC type..
    When they took down the old timber facias, they said that the 2 rafters on the front and back of the house nearest facias were rotten and the felt needed to be changed around the perimeter of the roof.. they then added 3000E extra for this...
    Did I just get scammed?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Minifox

Has anyone had guttering replaced recently? Some of the prices here seem very low. You can't get a tradesman to do much these days for 1,500.

I'm in the country in Meath, in a 200m, 20-year-old bungalow.

Forgive my ignorance but why are soffit and fascia routinely replaced with guttering. Mine are PVC and don't appear to have anything wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

I had someone lined up to do mine but he let me down after waiting 4 months, he was quoting 8 to 12k depending on how much backing board needed to be replaced, it was pvc fascia, gutters and downpipes.

between a larger detached garage and house , there’s 180 sq metres of fascia, 90 metres of gutters and a fair few down pipes, other two quotes I got so far are 8k (but not exactly sure what he is doing other than soffits, fascia and gutters) and approx 20k (aluminium seamless gutters, downpipes and fascia) and up to 30 metres of backing board, replacing all boxes and extending the flashing in places

Post edited by Curiousness99 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭The Ging and I

Just a small but important detail. If you are replacing soffits and facias with wood use marine ply. White deal will last 10 years so be careful what you have a quote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Thanks, the second quote was for treated board rather than marine ply, according to the fitter it’s better, heard some say marine and some say treated is better, I’ve no idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Hi all,

I'm looking to get the fascia, soffit and gutters done on a 2 storey house in Tipperary.

Would anyone have any recommendations on who to price with?

Thanks

Advertisement