Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing Sanitary ware from Germany

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Hi All,
    wondering if anyone has imported sanitary ware / cabinets etc. recently?

I looked into stuff like Cabinets, Towel Rails, Mirrors, etc. and actually ended up going local for some items. Cabinets & sinks I got in Ikea and Mirrors in local tile shop. Probably better stuff available from the German sites, but very hard to pick items like that from pictures on the web.

However, I did order some accessories in the last few months - all Grohe stuff at great value and no problem with Delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭In the wind

lownhard wrote: »
    Got one load from well known German shop. All went perfectly. Got another shipment en route as we speak. They even looked through my order and identified two incompatible parts before shipping, and refunded. Excellent service. Half the price of shops here.

Would you mind linking to the providers you used please?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Reuter Shop: https://www.reuter.com/

If ordering larger items (sanitary ware, etc.) probably worth looking to fill a full pallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Has any imported sanitory ware from drench.co.uk. I have checked the prices vs reuters and they are far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

ebayissues wrote: »
    Has any imported sanitory ware from drench.co.uk. I have checked the prices vs reuters and they are far better.

Did you order from Drench?

What is the top of the range brands for sanitory?

• Advertisement

I have not yet ordered. The reviews I have found sem good. However, savings are eroden due to the Vat paid from purchasing from the UK.

Crosswater is a good brand.

ebayissues wrote: »
    I have not yet ordered. The reviews I have found sem good. However, savings are eroden due to the Vat paid from purchasing from the UK.

Crosswater is a good brand.

Seems ordering from Germany is a cost saver and get better quality products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

air wrote: »

Wouldnt trust that site

• Advertisement

Haha, the joke's on you, it probably has the most effective buyer protection going, I have been using it years and never had an issue.
    Don't think for a minute that the taps linked from the UK and Germany are made anywhere other than China either.

Haha, the joke's on you, it probably has the most effective buyer protection going, I have been using it years and never had an issue.
    Don't think for a minute that the taps linked from the UK and Germany are made anywhere other than China either.

Made in China gives it away!! A brand like POIQIHY isn't one id go for

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CityBird

On a side note, do you Irish experience problems importing stuff from the UK after Brexit? Got myself into serious trouble buying bathroom accessories and taps online from a UK shop. They can’t sent it over to Belgium and still waiting for a refund 4 months after ordering!!! Extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

Not true at all
    https://www.villeroyboch-group.com/en/careers/why-work-for-vb/locations.html
    "Production facilities are located in Germany, Thailand, Sweden and other Central and Eastern European countries."

Hansa is producing their taps in Burglengenfeld (Germany), Kralovice (Czech Republic), Olesno (Poland) and in Rauma (Finland)

Ideal Standard is producing in Bulgaria, Egypt, Czech Republic, Italy, Germany, UK, France

Grohe is producing in 3 Factories in Germany, 1 in Thailand and 1 in Portugal.

If you want to buy from Alibaba Chinese stuff which potentially was produced by minorities or political prisoners it is up to you.
    But do not claim falsely that all are producing in China

Fair enough, I stand corrected and glad to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hey all,

Looking at getting a wall hung wc, bath and shower tray from www.reuter.com. Has anyone here that has imported German stuff ran into any issues in relation to different fitting standards for tap/mixer/drain connections?

I picked up a kitchen sink from a German site before, and it required an adapter for the standard 40mm drain pipe used here.

Thank you.

Advertisement