Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great After-timing Thread (screenshots req'd)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

Not huge, but a winner is a winner. Didn't know that top-scorer is just paid out as placed odds when there's a deadheat.:mad::mad:

66267708.png

Nice one,

had Spain win Villa top scorer but because it was joined top it was reduced from 16/1 with a 10er to 16/1 with 2.50,

Spain just to win would have paid better @5/1.

Bit sick that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Headshot wrote: »
    fair ****ing play horse, I was also considering of lumping all my winnings of 500 euro on spain to lift the trophy but I just didnt have the cojones

that 500 euro will go towards my new satellite system

but fair play mate, your one of the best gamblers here

Thanks man. Just been on a good streak since around half way through the WC. 50% luck and 50% research i reckon. Hopefully it continues once the big club seasons get underway. Didn't have too much last year although i remember getting some nice doubles and trebles that i copied from you near the end of last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

119928.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Best weekend in ages...3 bets, 3 winners.
    119976.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Brilliant lotto bet.

Ya can make serious money from them, even predicting two numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

whats the 38/1?

surely not the odds just for 8 to come up?

i thought that was 5/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/D/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]Untitled.jpg

Kod-box wrote: »
    whats the 38/1?

surely not the odds just for 8 to come up?

i thought that was 5/1?

Interested to know what the 38/1 is all about too. From the writing of the bet it looks like it's for the number 8 to come out. But having done the lotto thing on PP in the past for the craic i know the odds are only 5/1 and 6/1 for certain countries for one number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The bonus on the 10th July was 8. Maybe that was it?

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    The bonus on the 10th July was 8. Maybe that was it?

Correct.
    If youre interested, its under Novelty bets on PP.com.
    Pick the Bonus in the main draw - 38/1

i see, good call, so do you do 8 every week or just randomly picked it this week?

Kod-box wrote: »
    i see, good call, so do you do 8 every week or just randomly picked it this week?

Funny story.
    I usually stick with a number until it comes out.
    Ive been doing 37 since November:eek: and it hasnt come out yet.
    In fact, it hasnt come out as the bonus since Feb '08, approximately 250 draws!!!
    I got so cheesed off by my fruitless perseverance that I decided to change my mind for once. And so, when the page opened to select a number, the mouse arrow pointed to 8, so I said F it and I went all in.
    And would you believe it...LOL.

• Moderators Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Would of been a disaster if 37 came out that week. :pac:

Pick 25 next time. ;)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Would of been a disaster if 37 came out that week. :pac:

Pick 25 next time. ;)

25? Ah I think I might head back to my friend 37 again, and possibly 29 as a saver.

25 is my lucky number, I've won hundreds on roulette just putting money on 25. :pac: Great number!

• Advertisement

Its all about 33, lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

16 or 25 for me!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

talk about clogging the tread,
    btw, im a big 8 fan......:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

98383519.jpg
    47538636.jpg

Looks like an anoraks bet there.
    Nice one all the same

• Advertisement

3 and 23 are nearly always there or thereabouts in the lottery!

Ohhhh yeahhhhhh...

120238.jpg

I had a feeling that'd happen. :pac:

lol thats madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Only two bets I had in that race, don't think I'll ever beat it!

76515.jpg

I had him backed too.... €15 @ 180s on betdaq.
    What a day.

piccn.jpg

150 on the above treble. The over 2.5 was in the Sao Paolo v Avai game. I was gonna do over 2.5 on the Gremio game but decided for the Avai one at the last second. Was 0-0 up to the 61st minute so didn't think it was gonna come through. Ended up being the only game over 2 goals in the Brazil league i think. Love when you get that bit of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Got a seven-fold accie up tonight on the Europa League, which made up for having got tanked on a five-fold and a six-fold by fecking Linfield fluking a draw against Rosenborg the other night.
    On the other hand, the odds were pretty stingy!
    (Total stake zero because it was a 50 euro free bet.)

accie.jpg

One game I avoided like the plague was the one I attended - Cliftonville V HNK Unpronounceable from Croatia at Windsor Park tonight. The reds were 4/1 to win at 'home' before kick off. I hope someone was on it, because they won 1-0 and it oughta been about 3. Gutted for Sporting Fingal after seeing the flurry of late goals, but they've loads to play for now in the home leg. On the other hand, them losing brought the accie home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You got lucky with the Fingal match, 95th min or something. Brought a smile to my face anyway.

When they were still 1-0 up away with like ten minutes to go, I assumed another Irish team had sunk another accie on me (fecking Linfield!).
    I don't normally do them, since they're mug bets, but I felt pretty strongly about all the games I backed this week, and the only way to drum up decent odds was on accumulators.
    As for SF, I'm glad to bank my money, but do feel bad for them (as a Pats fan, even) and hope they make use of those away goals in the return leg.

• Advertisement

In all fairness though, that's terrible value in the above accumulator.
    I wouldn't risk 50€ for 49.99 return (If I'm missing something do tell me.)

Doocey wrote: »
    In all fairness though, that's terrible value in the above accumulator.
    I wouldn't risk 50€ for 49.99 return (If I'm missing something do tell me.)

Already stated it was poor odds myself. Though I question the concept of 'value' gambling anyway (except in the case of clear arb opportunities or hedging existing bets to copperfasten profits.)
    A bet is value if it wins in my opinion. If it loses, it wasn't much value, was it?
    To be honest, I'm aware accies are for mugs (as I already said), but I didn't foresee any likelihood of upsets in any of those ties.
    I got caught out by Linfield earlier in the week, and Fingal ran that one close. I accept most punters wouldn't go near an even money seven-fold with a bargepole. Then again, most punters lose money long-term.

Tl;dr version: Bet won, therefore it's of value to me. Stuck it in here because as a ballsy sevenfold at evens, I'm proud of it.

Already stated it was poor odds myself. Though I question the concept of 'value' gambling anyway (except in the case of clear arb opportunities or hedging existing bets to copperfasten profits.)
    A bet is value if it wins in my opinion. If it loses, it wasn't much value, was it?
    To be honest, I'm aware accies are for mugs (as I already said), but I didn't foresee any likelihood of upsets in any of those ties.
    I got caught out by Linfield earlier in the week, and Fingal ran that one close. I accept most punters wouldn't go near an even money seven-fold with a bargepole. Then again, most punters lose money long-term.

Tl;dr version: Bet won, therefore it's of value to me. Stuck it in here because as a ballsy sevenfold at evens, I'm proud of it.

FAIL.......

prob 1 of the worst posts in the gambling forum.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

coughlan08 wrote: »
    FAIL.......

Stop coming across as a condescending arsehole. He has an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭glanman

He is not coming across as one, that is just the way he is and always has been.

FAIL.......

I'm prepared to open my online account for scrutiny and compare it to yours and we'll see who did better over the World Cup.
    I'm looking at just under 800% ROI for the tourney. How did you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I'm prepared to open my online account for scrutiny and compare it to yours and we'll see who did better over the World Cup.
    I'm looking at just under 800% ROI for the tourney. How did you do?

just ignore him mate! he's known for his cockyness around here

So the teen-sounding netspeak and the smiley in his post were a bonus?
    I feel so special now.

Fair enough man, it's your money and you can bet on whatever you like. I just think that's a pretty poor bet, and a bet someone would do that is chasing a loss. Saying that, you're probably far more profitable that a lot on here.

A win's a win, well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Nice win and I wouldn't post but for your theory of value.

One bet doesn't matter a jot.
    It's why losers keep gambling. People really think that getting a winner means they are doing something right.

But some people try to make a profit and others bet for a pastime. Nothing wrong with either of them.

It was a nice win and of course watching 7 results come your way makes an evens bet feel more satisfying.

ahh no need to be using language like that now in fairness.
    yes he has an opinion of course but i do to,
    and for someone not to believe/follow the rule of value just doesnt make sense to me anyways,
    if you dont look for value in a bet then you might as well play the lotto.
    just my thoughts as always,

never meant to cause this much of a fuss because of 1 post,it was obviously taken the wrong way.

Cavehill Red, well done on getting the 800% but none of it was logged on boards so you cant say much,100% of my world cup bets were logged,

after we compare or accounts maybe then we can share our secrets..:rolleyes:
    say no more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Cavehill Red, well done on getting the 800% but none of it was logged on boards so you cant say much,100% of my world cup bets were logged,

Isn't this what this thread is for?

Lads can we cut the crap and be civil to each other

If this keeps up we will have to lock the thread to prevent this sort of thing and we don't want to do that

Pj! wrote: »
    Nice win and I wouldn't post but for your theory of value.
    One bet doesn't matter a jot.
    It's why losers keep gambling. People really think that getting a winner means they are doing something right.

I didn't offer a theory on value. I merely questioned the faith-based belief in 'value' betting that many punters adhere to. Let's face it, no one can tell the future. What we endeavour to do is divination. With the exception of arbing or hedging to lock in profit, there is no such thing as a value bet, because anything can happen, and your bet can lose.
    With my perspective, there is no codding myself that 'at least it was good value to be on that' when a bet fails, which is the flip side of the loser who gets a winner you refer to.
    Pj! wrote: »
    But some people try to make a profit and others bet for a pastime. Nothing wrong with either of them.
    It was a nice win and of course watching 7 results come your way makes an evens bet feel more satisfying.

I was churning free bets into cash on a Euro qualifier week. I coulda lumped them on Besiktas at 1.01 and got a teeny but real profit, or I coulda stuck them on possible outsiders, or I coulda done what I did do.
    As I said, I don't often place accumulators. Singles around the evens mark are where I make the bulk of my cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

This thread = Trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Nulty wrote: »
    This thread = Trouble

a lot of what cavehill red is saying makes good sense though;)

• Advertisement

dotsflan wrote: »
    a lot of what cavehill red is saying makes good sense though;)

This thread shouldn't exist. It in direct violation of everything gambling threads and forums have been created for. Its just a place to boast, show off, and judge. Worst thing to happen to the Gambling forum.

In your opinion.

Gambling Forum Charter
    5starpool wrote: »
    •The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one cares. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

Nulty wrote: »

Look, if the mods had a problem with it, it would have been shut already. Invariably gamblers lose money or at least don't make very much, but when they do they like to tell everybody about it and people like to hear about it too. I think this thread was a great idea, if you're not a fan you don't have to post here or read any of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Lads can we cut the crap and be civil to each other

If this keeps up we will have to lock the thread to prevent this sort of thing and we don't want to do that

OK I am quoting myself because it appears that people didn't see it the first time (that is what I am chosing to believe so I don't have to ban people)

I have deleted some posts to clear the thread up a bit

If people ignore this warning again they will be banned

• Advertisement
Advertisement