Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying chemical fertiliser

• 25-02-2021 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi Gents, what's peoples thoughts on applying urea? I'm assuming people are applying or have applied by now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Omallep2 wrote: »
    Hi Gents, what's peoples thoughts on applying urea? I'm assuming people are applying or have applied by now?

Got out today spread just short of 40 acres. Put out three big bags over it. That about 26 units N/acre. Supposed to be dry until next Wednesday in my area. Did not measure soil temperatures but from Met Eireann they are 7C+

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

I was going to spread a bit of compound 18.6 12 and 10.10.20 over the weekend. Is it too early for compound? A bag to the acre or there abouts.

Dry & largely mild weather out for the next 7 ..... might be an early spring???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

jimmy G M wrote: »
    I was going to spread a bit of compound 18.6 12 and 10.10.20 over the weekend. Is it too early for compound? A bag to the acre or there abouts.

Dry & largely mild weather out for the next 7 ..... might be an early spring???

Have you very low P&K that you are using 10.10.20 & 18.6.12. if you want grass you should be spread more N than is in 10.10.20 unless you are hitting it with 2-3 bags an acre.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Have you very low P&K that you are using 10.10.20 & 18.6.12. if you want grass you should be spread more N than is in 10.10.20 unless you are hitting it with 2-3 bags an acre.

Some land leased last year index 2 grazing land so 18.6.12 on that for a year or 2 to bring up fertility.

10.10.20 on some of our own land, some of which was cut last year just to replenish. Grazing this year. Will go with some CAN in 3 weeks or so depending on weather.

Slurry & CAN on silage ground. We like to rotate the silage fields if possible.

A bit like the Head & Shoulders ad - we don't generally have low index land coz we use a bit of 10.10.20 rotated around as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iconicon

How long after spreading 10 10 20 can i start grazing again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

iconicon wrote: »
    How long after spreading 10 10 20 can i start grazing again

Would applying fertiliser at this time of year with high K in it increase the risk of grass tetany ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Would applying fertiliser at this time of year with high K in it increase the risk of grass tetany ?

Depending on the K value of the soil, if already high I would be concerned
    Think someone mentioned here before to add P in Spring and K in autumn

Advertisement