Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New REPS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭893bet

I want in but details seem light so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Did I read in it that you can’t be in Glas and the new reps. Be nice to have the two!!!!!

Dunedin wrote: »
    Did I read in it that you can’t be in Glas and the new reps. Be nice to have the two!!!!!

That is correct. Or in any other environmental scheme e.g organic etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

893bet wrote: »
    That is correct. Or in any other environmental scheme e.g organic etc.

My reading was for trial this year you can't have been in Glas at all in past to be eligible for the trial this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

At least its results based and the best performing farmers are rewarded with the highest payments. Natura areas look set to attract higher payments too with more and more EU Life projects like the one in the Burren to be rolled out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭zetor 4911

endainoz wrote: »
    No, I think this is for the pilot scheme. It sounds like it was made to encourage people who aren't in GLAS to participate. I'm not sure if it makes much sense to be fair.
    Think it will be a test run for the new scheme to be introduced in 2023 and with all test runs there are usually a lot of controls in place.

grange mac wrote: »
    My reading was for trial this year you can't have been in Glas at all in past to be eligible for the trial this year.

Better still as I really want in. Especially if there is lots of fencing involved and capital contributions towards it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

Better still as I really want in. Especially if there is lots of fencing involved and capital contributions towards it.

Well I suggest you do some pricing now and again when scheme is announced... You know what will happen when suppliers know grants are going....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭minerleague

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    anyone entering this or have further info on what practicalities of what would be involved

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/reps-a-step-closer-to-reality-600213

(Copy and paste link to incogneto tab to read!)

Anyone know can you join local river catchment scheme and reps ( talk of local scheme here would like to join but presume you can't get paid twice for same actions )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Any update on this? Can't find any proper information online

• Advertisement

jimini0 wrote: »
    Any update on this? Can't find any proper information online

Scheme isn't even drawn up yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Scheme isn't even drawn up yet

I thought a few more details might have been leaked.

jimini0 wrote: »
    I thought a few more details might have been leaked.

Closing date for submissions is tomorrow so that give an idea to the stage there are at. I wouldn't be getting my Hope's up about this scheme GLAS was a step down from the old REPS and this scheme will be another step down from GLAS

Closing date for submissions is tomorrow so that give an idea to the stage there are at. I wouldn't be getting my Hope's up about this scheme GLAS was a step down from the old REPS and this scheme will be another step down from GLAS

For those not in either this will be a big step up!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SuperTeeJay

For those not in either this will be a big step up!

How do you apply?
    I can't see a link on the department website to put in a submission.

How do you apply?
    I can't see a link on the
    department website to put in a submission.

Think it is the farm organisations who can put in a submission along with other groups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭White Clover

Think it is the farm organisations who can put in a submission along with other groups

Could you put in a word for Boards.ie F&F posters :)

Could you put in a word for Boards.ie F&F posters :)

Now that's an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Anyone can lodge a submission, but it closes today:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DAFM_ResultsBasedPilot

My biggest fear is that the participation costs (consultant fees) could erode a lot of the payment. Think back to REPS1, 2, 3 in the past where there was an annual fee for the consultant "supervising" your annual return which was like a tax on the payment rather than bearing any relation to the workload involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dunedin

My biggest fear is that the participation costs (consultant fees) could erode a lot of the payment. Think back to REPS1, 2, 3 in the past where there was an annual fee for the consultant "supervising" your annual return which was like a tax on the payment rather than bearing any relation to the workload involved.

To be fair the fees were generally around €100 per year against payments which may be up to €7-10k so not that painful. Always thought the cost of the initial plan was sausy though.

• Advertisement

I think the title of the survey monkey (results based pilot) tells us a lot, so what every money we get will be hard earned.

I think the title of the survey monkey (results based pilot) tells us a lot, so what every money we get will be hard earned.

Rumour is is that there will be

1) base payment
    2) capital payments
    3) results based payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With every plot having a results based payment, it will be a good employer.
    I think I have 8 plots.

Water John wrote: »
    With every plot having a results based payment, it will be a good employer.
    I think I have 8 plots.

Who will assess the result based payment? Does it mean that the department will have to assess it every year to see that they are getting value for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Does anyone know about the Countryside Stewardship scheme they have in the UK?

Someone said to me that the new REPS would be akin to this? I don't know if that right or not...

I had a quick look online, but its hard to know how good or not this was on the ground. Be interesting here if anyone knew of it first hand...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countryside-stewardship-mid-tier-and-wildlife-offers-manual-for-agreements-starting-on-1-january-2022/2-how-it-works

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countryside-stewardship-mid-tier-and-wildlife-offers-manual-for-agreements-starting-on-1-january-2022/annex-2a-tables-of-mid-tier-multi-year-options-and-capital-items

Someone said to me that the new REPS would be akin to this? I don't know if that right or not...

I had a quick look online, but its hard to know how good or not this was on the ground. Be interesting here if anyone knew of it first hand...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countryside-stewardship-mid-tier-and-wildlife-offers-manual-for-agreements-starting-on-1-january-2022/2-how-it-works

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countryside-stewardship-mid-tier-and-wildlife-offers-manual-for-agreements-starting-on-1-january-2022/annex-2a-tables-of-mid-tier-multi-year-options-and-capital-items

This is probably the direction the department will go with the new scheme. It could not be further removed from the old REPS. It a pity that it was announced as a REPS scheme as it has got our expectations sky high probably political at the time to call it a REPS scheme.

This is probably the direction the department will go with the new scheme. It could not be further removed from the old REPS. It a pity that it was announced as a REPS scheme as it has got our expectations sky high probably political at the time to call it a REPS scheme.

I dont know zetor...

I think we will never see the likes of the old REPS again. But, if the new REPS was more payment based, for what you did - at least you might have the chance of getting some decent money from it, if you chose a lot of options...

But, as with everything, the devil is in the detail...

AFAIK know it was results based and alot more effective than REPS in terms of its aims

Birdnuts wrote: »
    AFAIK know it was results based and alot more effective than REPS in terms of its aims

It would seem to be - but do you know how it worked? Or how it was setup, etc...

Just be interested to hear from a farmers perspective - but I dont know how many UK based farmers we have here, so prob not the best place to be asking :)

• Advertisement

I presume your ag consultant will draw up a plan with you. Then I assume a return visit each year for a visual on each plot, maybe pics and possible sampling.
    I suspect if things don't go well, you get the Basic payment which would only be part of the new payment BISS, the old SFP. Have I got this wrong?

Water John wrote: »
    I presume your ag consultant will draw up a plan with you. Then I assume a return visit each year for a visual on each plot, maybe pics and possible sampling.
    I suspect if things don't go well, you get the Basic payment which would only be part of the new payment BISS, the old SFP. Have I got this wrong?

Apologies if this is patronising, it's not meant to be! I'm also not 100% standing over it as I'm not involved in this typa shyte as much as I used to be :pac:

Today you get BPS & Greening in one payment pretty much.

Next CAP it'll be split into the BISS and ECO Scheme - the ECO Scheme (don't quote me, I don't know if the % has been decided) will be maybe 20 or 30 % of todays BPS.

Your BISS will be on the lowest level of conditionality (the obligations you sign up to meet to receive payment.) Todays Greening is on the same level as Todays BPS mostly.

The Eco Scheme will have higher conditionality (more or different obligations) than BISS for you to meet to draw down.

The so called REPS Scheme is entirely different from BPS, Greening, BISS and the ECO Scheme. REPS will have higher, or more, obligations again to meet to draw down as you can't get paid in two schemes for the same action (AFAIK anyway).

I imagine your "planner" will assess progress, subject to department inspection. I have issues with the planner/farmer relationship in these schemes because once you pays your money your planner is in full control, dept usually doesn't want to know. GLAS was a shining turd of an example of this. I don't know who will be on any approved list of planners but I'd advise to choose carefully and pick someone with a good reputation.

Thanks, misunderstood the stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Local planner here retired after over 40 years in farm advisory roles.he will be very hard replaced. A practical man with a great brain for the job.
    He's the first of a number of men, i deal with routinely each year who i expect will be retiring soon,vet,tractor mechanic,accountant,car mechanic .all off a similar age.

Personally i liked the glas & would happily have it remain with similar measures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

GlAs money was small. The new scheme needs a far higher pay out. But I doubt that will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Any new environment scheme will have to compensate lads on marginal land to let it remain marginal. GLAS was a money scheme really for farmers with larger tracts of land in different parcels. You could not get paid on X if you claimed on Y. This often encourage improvement of environmentally sensitive land. For instant I had land on which a water course was on . As I was paid on fencing I could not put the land in for LIPP even though from an environment point of view this is what would be best practice. TlUou could claim no payment for a SAC unless it was in your BPS claim this excluded large amounts of SAC land that was scrub or wooded.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Any new environment scheme will have to compensate lads on marginal land to let it remain marginal. GLAS was a money scheme really for farmers with larger tracts of land in different parcels. You could not get paid on X if you claimed on Y. This often encourage improvement of environmentally sensitive land. For instant I had land on which a water course was on . As I was paid on fencing I could not put the land in for LIPP even though from an environment point of view this is what would be best practice. TlUou could claim no payment for a SAC unless it was in your BPS claim this excluded large amounts of SAC land that was scrub or wooded.

That interpretation by DAFM is actually illegal when it comes to SAC land and BPS payments - Natura farmers group won a case a few years ago on that matter against them in the High court. Highlights the ongoing issue of this state ignoring the E in the GAEC provisions for all CAP payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Can't keep up with the acronyms, it's worse than NASA!

I don't see any of us being better off with any new schemes, we'll just be expected to work harder to stand still.
    Larry and the supermarkets are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭morphy87

Does anyone hear have any idea what the payment rates will be an acre or what will be the max one person can draw down on this scheme?

Can't keep up with the acronyms, it's worse than NASA!

I don't see any of us being better off with any new schemes, we'll just be expected to work harder to stand still.
    Larry and the supermarkets are laughing all the way to the bank.

Yep, the Eco Scheme is a good example of that, where that % of a farmers payment will move up a level in terms of hoop-jumping. Unfortunately there's more of that coming down the line.

My opinion, for a while now, is this "public money" has hopped into "over reach" territory in it's expectations. We, the recipients/addicts are expected to be all things to all people and do all things for all those people for a reducing pot of money BUT on the other side of that coin can't get paid for the same measure in two different schemes.

Some (and I want to use that word very, very carefully) of what the brexiters have been saying is making increasing sense.

It will depend on what Michael Gove will be proposing for UK farmers. It will be interesting for comparison, but we'll have the sail the boat we've got.
    Thanks for giving the schemes stack above, my old brain had got addled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement