Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meet The Boy!

Options
  • 14-02-2021 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

So, I think its time to introduce Alby, As many of you know, I lost my beloved Toby new years day 2020.

I took on this chap before lockdown last year To help out , The Poor chap had so many health problems, From skin issues, ear issues, and cruciate ligament problems.

Thankfully now all under control.
    He's undergoing Immunotherapy now, and responding so well on it :D
    Also had TPLO surgery in Dec, also thankfully doing well.

He's a young boy, 2/3 years old, now can anyone tell me what he is? besides a heins 57 :pac:
    vbulletincmM5rFk.jpg?1
    photo to follow
    vbulletincmM5rFk.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

[IMG][/img]cmM5rFk.jpg?1

[IMG][/img]dFvzpBK.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Oh he is so sweet. What a beautiful face. Is he some sort of rough coated lurcher? Although he doesn't quite look slim enough..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Retriever x border collie? He looks like a good boy to me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Gorgeous sdp, a real handsome dude :) He IS The Boy!
    Fair play to you, it's not everyone would take on a lot of health issues like that!
    OK. My guess. He looks like an Irish attempt at a 2nd generation doodle.
    By that I mean that usually when you cross, say, a pb retriever to a pb poodle, you'll get the shaggy, soft, long, curly coat that we associate with doodles.
    But... if you cross a doodle back to a doodle, the resulting offspring tend to revert very strongly to looking like one of the original pure breeds, with a small tablespoon of the other breed thrown in. So, in such a cross, you're inclined to get some pups looking very poodly, and some looking very retrievery.
    To my eye at least, he's quite retrievery, might be a dollop of labrador in there too... but with the poodle influencing the coat.
    Maybe a goldendoodle x labradoodle?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I was going to say Labradoodle as well! I've seen dogs like him given up for free because of their coat type not being to Doodle standard. :(

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

No idea .. but what a handsome chap!!

And well done for helping him and bringing him back to health and lots of happiness it’s seems!

He’s a beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Stunning boy. Love that rough coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

Thanks Everybody,

@ DBB Had to look up Double Doodle! :o, I Think you're on to something there, as he looks different in all photos.

He was surrendered, reasons been, a. grew to big, b. heavy shedder, c. destructave d. to many things wrong with him :mad:. so sad, as with a lot of time and patience, he's really settled into himself, and is the most loving young man. coat is really weird, wiry on back, soft around neck and chest. ( mind you, even with daily brushing, I could fill a cushion with hair every day :rolleyes:)

You'd wonder why people breed the way they do. he will have to get his other knee done, And Gilabbey said hips are bad as well. So quite a long road ahead for him yet.

He tries so hard to understand what your asking, took him about 6 week to figure out the Hens were not his play toys :D, now he'll happily wander around with them. also has no voice? never a bark out of him, thanks again everyone. last photo here. I'll post more in the post your pet pic thread.

.[IMG][/img]sFsfxZx.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

What a gorgeous boy and he looks so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Ah he’s beautiful! He looks like a few labradoodles I’ve groomed, always love this type of coat to work with because it doesn’t matt quite as easily as the curlier coat!
    He’s a beauty :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement