Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Online Courses

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

List of a few more, apologies if already posted.

http://www.mindopenerz.com/college-education-can-now-found-internet-free/

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

Would it be silly to mention these in passing in an interview/on cv? I know they hold no qualification but surely it's an asset that you are educating yourself on things? Or just avoid altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

1moo345 wrote: »
    Would it be silly to mention these in passing in an interview/on cv? I know they hold no qualification but surely it's an asset that you are educating yourself on things? Or just avoid altogether?

Mention it as one of your interests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

You could add a "courses" section to your CV and list them there.
    Linkedin has a section called this now.

I would defo mention them.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

OMG this is just what I am looking for..I was made redundant,I have 2 kids and to be honest it's not easy to stay at home when you're used of working. Anyway I want to do a course that I can maybe get some part time work out of. I'm big into fitness and have actually seen a deal on a Personal Trainer course on living social this morning, does anyone know how legit these are?? I come from an office background so this might be the change I need, but I don't want to waste my money if it's not recognised..
    Also before this I was considering doing a train the trainer course as that's another avenue I'd like to explore! Does anyone have recommendations for this??

Thanks (my head is a muddle)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonhsmart2

There will be a wide selection of outcomes directed at you if you do attempt to sort through the Planet Wide Website for-free online programs. There be seemingly free online programs in most subject-area.

You will find online courses with this region if you should be thinking about vocabulary programs. It is possible to discover languages like Aramaic, Bulgarian, Cherokee, Danish, Estonian, German, Gaelic, Traditional, Icelandic, Western, Khmer, Lithuanian, Maltese, Norwegian, Local, Euro, Sanskrit, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, and Welsh provided free of charge.

There are also additional free online programs accessible like dental helping, breastfeeding, healthcare, education, I t economics marketing, electrical electronics science and astronomy to mention several.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brianf78

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and was checking some online courses with Alison. I saw the free courses but was wondering the price of your certificates on the other courses. If anyone knows could you let me know roughly.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

I was wondering, has anyone found a free (or cheap) method of getting the ECDL, or similar levels of training in some of the Microsoft applications ?

Many thanks.

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Hi all, with the coursera courses, can you study them at your own pace? I've just seen one I think my mother would enjoy but she wouldn't be able to commit to set times to be online or anything. Or are the courses all different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Google / Digital Garage do a very good course on Digital Marketing

Its very good if you are managing your small businesses online prescence
    and get up to speed with the interent and using google products

Alison have some good courses, free to do but validation and the cert costs

HubSpot have some courses which are free to do, but quite a lot of content in them

LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda) allow you to sign up for free trial and so some courses

a number of other places offer their tester course or a month free to get you started

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alisonblake

There are many available online. Just research about them and find the only for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BrianOwens

Take a look at the courses that Google is offering. You can find absolutely anything you need and they are also very helpful, despite that they are free!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ScottSchultz

This website I'm currently using for statistics help (https://www.studypug.com/statistics-help/) they have the free membership and the premium as well. With the free version is more than enough for me at least. If you decide to register (and if you want) shoot me a referral at thegoldbering@gmail.com

Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dorothyramey

Are there any current courses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Here's a government funded site - https://www.ecollege.ie/course/

Its free, and they give you vouchers to sit a professional cert once you have completed your course of choice and passed a mock exam. I did the Prince2 Project Management cert with them.You get a real live tutor that will follow up with you and help if needed. Cannot recommend more highly, our taxes well spent.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Thanks very much for this. Do you know how much the Prince2 exam costed after using the voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nothing!, the voucher is a code you use when booking it which changes the cost to zero.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement