Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 - 1000 Mile Challenge

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Beat me by a day Singer. Passed 2k today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Beat me by a day Singer. Passed 2k today.

I think you might have passed it yesterday....maybe ;)

Strava has a little glitch in how it arrives at the year to date total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

2000 passed chugging around a parkrun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hit the 1,000 mark this morning on a 7 mile run along Dublin Bay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mister paul

Passed 1,000 miles for the year for the first time ever on Wednesday. Knew I was gonna hit it on the runmute home, but then completely forgot until aquinn reminded me later on that I'd passed it.

Thought I'd do a Singer on it and show yearly progression using the StravistiX Chrome plugin.

466200.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Hit 1000miles on this evening's run, first time ever in years of running.

Had been a sporadic low mileage runner for many years and have been trying to build to proper mileage for the past 3-4 years, but injury problems got in the way. Not sure there is any "lesson" except maybe keeping easy-runs-easy and doing no speed training may be the solution. But watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Hit 1000 miles today. Happy considering I was out this year with a broken arm and appendix removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Passed the 1,000 mile mark for 2018 over the weekend. I'm chuffed with that to be honest. For comparison sake, my 2017 and 2016 totals were 301 and 83 miles respectively.

Edit: Only read back on the thread after I posted, so hadn't realised how this worked. Still did the miles though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Passed 1,000 miles on a long windy run today :D
    First time in 5 years to do so.

2018 1,007 miles.. with 3 weeks to go
    2017 202 miles
    2016 234 miles
    2015 236 miles
    2014 194 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

1,000 miles for me after this evening's run!

Rather chuffed!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

How do I tell what my last entry to the table was? Can't remember if I logged my last run.

Thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    How do I tell what my last entry to the table was? Can't remember if I logged my last run.

Thank you

Not sure if you can. I have my own spreadsheet where I log my runs daily. I only update the table periodically. Keeping my own sheet allows tracking progress year by year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Bananaleaf wrote: »

Thank you

Do you use Strava? That will tell you in your profile.

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Do you use Strava? That will tell you in your profile.

I don't. Oh well, I just won't log it. It was only 3k anyway, so not going to get me to 1000miles by the end of the year anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Hit 2,000 miles a little later than expected, on 11th December as motivation levels fell off a cliff after Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

3000 miles this morning

(I think, no Garmin for the last month)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I did it!!!! 1st time ever, made it to 700 last year and it nearly kilt me. passed 1000 miles on a miserable day today. ran half marathon as I couldnt face another day waiting to see my block urn to bronze on the excel sheet. Congrats to everyone who did it this year. Thanks for this thread it kept me going post Dublin. Cant wait for 1st Jan to start again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

3000 this morning, just a few days earlier than last year :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was all going so well at the beginning of the year with plenty of miles and some shiny PB's. Then got floored for a month by flu and a couple of other minor injuries later in the year and despite doing my first ultra, which was more miles in a day than I've done in pretty much any week of running ever, and I'll finish the year doing about 1600 miles.

Which happens to be the same mileage, to within a marathon, as I do virtually every single year of this 1000 mile challenge.

It's getting annoying the consistency. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I hit 2000 miles today ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Clocked the 2,000th mile today, on the Sutton promenade. Another 2018 goal hit, and highest mileage year yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Castlehaven parkrun took me over the 3000 mark today. Bit of a jump from last year but then had no running for the last 6 weeks of '17 after a tumble at Run the Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Reached exactly 2018 KM for the year today at the EOI Howth Half Marathon.

Sort of want to stop now until Tuesday because it's a cool figure to end 2018 on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Classic21

Made it to 2000 miles on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Got to 4500 miles with a long run in Wicklow today. Thought I was a mile short but I was using the wrong conversion factor (I work in kms). Very happy to log some serious miles this year whilst avoiding long term injuries. Might take the day off tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Got to 4500 miles with a long run in Wicklow today. Thought I was a mile short but I was using the wrong conversion factor (I work in kms). Very happy to log some serious miles this year whilst avoiding long term injuries. Might take the day off tomorrow!

Unbelievable - just wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

finally got around to updating the sheet, passed the 1,000 mile mark on December 27th only 2nd time I have reached the mark.

Will be aiming to hit it again in 2019 but looking at my training plan 2,000 miles might be the aim for the year. stepping up to ultra running.

Last run of the year done and I managed to get up to 1,202km. Still a bit off the 1,000miles but it's one of my goals for next year. Happy new year all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

3k miles on Dec 23rd for the 6th consecutive year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Well done to everyone who has passed a milestone.

Unfortunately for me, I have had the lowest yearly total for years in what started out as a good year. Down to 623 miles from last years 1332. Two significant injuries meant I was out of action from April to Sep. Thankfully now back trying to get fit again so here’s hoping 2019 is injury free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Missed the 1000 for the first time since 2008 with 933. Running a combined total of 15miles for April/May/June didn't help things.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Out of action the last 6 weeks due to injury but managed to round up to 3000 miles on this evening's run. Close one! I was aiming for 5000km but it wasn't to be

Nothing on the spread sheet but it's all on strava, hope this link works

https://www.strava.com/athletes/3509896

Advertisement