Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Nothing really, it very much depends on the person. If there's one thing I miss about Android it was that extra touch of customization that was available.

Both the weather and calendar widgets are very helpful for me as they're just quickly available with the information I need.

Gotcha. I dunno what I was expecting on the device, I have seen all the YouTube reviews and was quite excited to install; just when I got there I am underwhelmed. Maybe with a bit more poking around with it I'll get more from it.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Visually I don’t think it’s a big update but for me, some very good improvements:

App Library is a god send if you prefer a clean Home Screen. Between this and Search I only have apps in my dock and no apps on the Home Screen - dream!

Widgets - pretty meh at the moment but confident 3rd party widgets will make this much better.

Mini Siri / call incoming - can’t believe it took this long, but very welcome.

Smaller features like increased privacy controls / awareness and PIP are also very handy IMO.

Mini Siri / Incoming call is a great call.. and that you can flick it away and it keeps calling in the background.. handy... and bring it back if you feel guilty ignoring your friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Public Beta 4 is out

Public Beta 4 has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Public Beta 4 has been released.
    Keep up Dave :)

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Keep up Dave :)

As my post went up... I saw "posted just now"... Doh! :pac:

Seems RTÉ NEWS APP is copying the clipboard too.

One thing that’s driving me mad since The last update is The capitalisation of The word ‘The’ no matter what I’m typing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Wireless charging hasn’t worked on PB3 or PB4.

Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

eeloe wrote: »
    Wireless charging hasn’t worked on PB3 or PB4.

Disaster!

Which phone? Works ok on my pro max.

• Advertisement

11 Pro Max.

There’s a lot of people on Reddit with the same issue.

Some pain in the hole

Did the latest one break Siri for anyone?

I’ve had no problems here, charging or otherwise on a XS Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

As buggy a release as I can remember, my pro max is having constant issues. Camera app not working, pocket casts saying no internet connection while spotify streams without issue, random whatsapp crashes and numerous other hiccups. Can't really complain considering its a beta but hope they get all of these sorted prior to full release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I’ve had no problems here, charging or otherwise on a XS Max.

Likewise on an 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

On 13.6 I was seeing a 4% battery drain on airplane mode overnight on my 11. The last 2 nights in a row there's been zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I think the only real issue I've been having on the beta is a bit more of a battery drain, and on rare occasions an app like WhatsApp will close after opening a message.

As buggy a release as I can remember, my pro max is having constant issues. Camera app not working, pocket casts saying no internet connection while spotify streams without issue, random whatsapp crashes and numerous other hiccups. Can't really complain considering its a beta but hope they get all of these sorted prior to full release.

Are you using the feedback app to let them know about the bugs you've experienced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

did it for the camera issue but most of the others seem to be occurring semi regularly for people so i haven't bothered.

This 4th beta has been far buggier for me than the last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Keep in mind that third-party apps aren’t updated for iOS 14 yet as they can’t submit builds using the new SDK’s until closer to the official release.

So any buggy behaviour will probably be fixed closer to release.

I've started seeing some weird camera issues within iMessage (it's like the camera is trying to focus over and over and won't take pictures), I have reported it. Also, I see an issue with the keyboard disappearing when I add a picture as an attachement to a message - iMessage and WhatsApp, also reported.

I've started seeing some weird camera issues within iMessage (it's like the camera is trying to focus over and over and won't take pictures), I have reported it. Also, I see an issue with the keyboard disappearing when I add a picture as an attachement to a message - iMessage and WhatsApp, also reported.

I get that one a lot. CarPlay also crashes Siri and you need a reboot to get it back working.

Currently in the process of removing iOS14 from my 11 Pro Max.

The bugs just aren't worth the new features for the time being, i can't believe how much i miss wireless charging! :(

There is a way to downgrade without losing date, just have to do some editing of the backup text file.
    I'll report back with how i get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Is the wireless charging problem a known issue, because I don't have it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've installed the iOS public betas on my day-to-day phone for the past 3 years. I was going to do it this year, once the Exposure Notificatons feature was added, but in the end I've decided to wait until the official release. Most reports seem to suggest it's very stable, but I just don't have the will this time to be dealing with even potential bugs and app issues. Maybe I'm getting old, or it's just the year that it's been. Looking forward to the final release, though. Lots of cool features.

Currently in the process of removing iOS14 from my 11 Pro Max.

The bugs just aren't worth the new features for the time being, i can't believe how much i miss wireless charging! :(

There is a way to downgrade without losing date, just have to do some editing of the backup text file.
    I'll report back with how i get on.

Never a truer statement. I won't do a beta again.. I know it's to be expected and I shouldn't have put it on the daily... I guess curiousity kills the cat.

Is the wireless charging problem a known issue, because I don't have it?!

Yeah there's a lot of people on reddit having the same issue, i can't see any of the youtubers having suffered the same issue tho, but it's definitely there, and it's super annoying!

Wasn't difficult at all to downgrade without losing any data....pretty delighted with that.

• Advertisement

Wasn't difficult at all to downgrade without losing any data....pretty delighted with that.

You know that 1 person in 1000 that it'd mess up on, eeloe? That'd be me :pac: I'll take my penance and struggle on :D

Advertisement