Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Theres a scene during the credits of ALS in front of his private jet. But its the cars you take issue with?

Who said I had an issue? I was passing comment on how in the current climate I was surprised how no one pulled them up on it

Plus im sure if you where able to have a private jet at your service you wouldn't say no?

jeffk wrote: »
    Who said I had an issue? I was passing comment on how in the current climate I was surprised how no one pulled them up on it

Plus im sure if you where able to have a private jet at your service you wouldn't say no?

My comment was tongue in cheek, I didn't mean offence.

Though now you mention it, who would pull them up on it? Its usually 4 people per car, it's not like they have one each.
    I like Tom Allen but he's just nowhere near Rhod Gilbert and it shows. Gilbert was caustic and withering which is the best way to approach that show because as you say, guests rarely want to be there but Rhod had a way of overcoming that. Dara O'Briain was similar albeit behind a more 'friendly' guide.

I like Tom Allen too but it's not just him thats changed. I was watching You're Fired last night and noticed there was no "Karen Brady being harsh but fair" bit. And no "Here's something that didn't make it into the show" bit. I wonder did other members of the production crew leave with Rhad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

My comment was tongue in cheek, I didn't mean offence.

Though now you mention it, who would pull them up on it? Its usually 4 people per car, it's not like they have one each.

I like Tom Allen too but it's not just him thats changed. I was watching You're Fired last night and noticed there was no "Karen Brady being harsh but fair" bit. And no "Here's something that didn't make it into the show" bit. I wonder did other members of the production crew leave with Rhad?

That crowd dressing as a broccoli and getting pulled off the top of a train :pac:

Ah I dunno, just always said to myself why split them into cars, especially from house to start of task, maybe when sub team etc then you have to

jeffk wrote: »
    That crowd dressing as a broccoli and getting pulled off the top of a train :pac:

Ah I dunno, just always said to myself why split them into cars, especially from house to start of task, maybe when sub team etc then you have to

So they can bitch about each other on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another week, another train wreck in the making.

More casual sexism with the South American girl leering over the lad in the bike gear.

As for the product names.. Good christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Efit... none of them watch Crimewatch obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thomas has been tagged for the final I reckon. OK the other girl was extremely weak but there's no way he should have survived that.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Good episode this week I thought, some actual competence on display. Don't think we've ever heard of sales figures in the millions before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I suspect Thomas survived because someone didn't want 4 men in a row to leave. And I have no idea how that ugly blue bike sold so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    OK the other girl was extremely weak

“What did you do on this task?”

“I was being myself”

Lol what an answer! I’ll need to try that one with my boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah TBF I think it was an easy call for Lord Sugar.

Love Thomas the geezer!:D

Iasha is a very good candidate.

Looking forward to my time honoured favourite task next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

'Lord' Sugar. I wish one of them would call him Alan, just once.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Good episode this week I thought, some actual competence on display. Don't think we've ever heard of sales figures in the millions before.

Seriously impressive.Big sales of all time??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The only other fella on Thomas' team (older camp lad) comes across as a snake though. Completely undercut Lottie tonight, and seems to argue with at least one team mate every week. His slyness will be found out in due course.

I am looking forward to the treasure hunt next week, if only because I reckon Thomas will excel at extracting lower end prices for the items :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

The only other fella on Thomas' team (older camp lad) comes across as a snake though. Completely undercut Lottie tonight, and seems to argue with at least one team mate every week. His slyness will be found out in due course.

I am looking forward to the treasure hunt next week, if only because I reckon Thomas will excel at extracting lower end prices for the items :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wonder did those companies actually order those bikes. Spending 100k on a bike designed overnight seems a bit mad. Wonder if it was theoretic sales? As in they would have ordered those units if it was from a properly established company

That blue bike was hideous beyond belief

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

siblers wrote: »
    I wonder did those companies actually order those bikes. Spending 100k on a bike designed overnight seems a bit mad. Wonder if it was theoretic sales? As in they would have ordered those units if it was from a properly established company

Yeah, I think it's theoretical sales, I don't think any of the products are ever actually bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

siblers wrote: »

Its a task and im guessing a waiver involved in the process and applicants contract they happily signed away , at the chance to be on TV or honest to make a fortune.

If that team made them sales as last epidode, someone somewhere is making mad money if the applicants signed off on it.

'Lord' Sugar. I wish one of them would call him Alan, just once.

I remember someone did once, think it was Simon back in the 4th series. He quickly corrected himself though so Lord Siúcra didn't lose his sh*t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Another week, another train wreck in the making.

More casual sexism with the South American girl leering over the lad in the bike gear.

As for the product names.. Good christ!

Why is it every year one of the so called "professional" candidates acts like a horny teenager when they see someone modelling an item???

I can think of nothing more creepy or unprofessional and it would really put me off doing business with someone. I can't see how such behaviour is acceptable now or anytime in the last 20 years to be honest. If nothing else it makes the candidate look very desperate and a bit pathetic.

Have I turned into a prude?? :confused: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

coL wrote: »
    Why is it every year one of the so called "professional" candidates acts like a horny teenager when they see someone modelling an item???

I can think of nothing more creepy or unprofessional and it would really put me off doing business with someone. I can't see how such behaviour is acceptable now or anytime in the last 20 years to be honest. If nothing else it makes the candidate look very desperate and a bit pathetic.

I'd say it was filmed a certain way to look like she was perving a lot more than she was.

coL wrote: »

Something they made a bigger deal about other years was the fact the candidates were not just buying the items from the vendors but charming them into getting a deal. And poor negotiation meant that team ended up with the duff item. The South American I think was over acting a bit to get the deal of the lycra stuff.

I was expecting Toms team to end up with the light up balls because his attitude to the bike helmet seller was very dismissive. "Whats the wholesale price? 90 quid? What? Yer avin a laugh mate!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'd say it was filmed a certain way to look like she was perving a lot more than she was.

I think it's just the way she is. She oozes sexiness, like most Latina women. What a fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

It didn't need much editing I'd say given the way she looked at him and what she said when she tried to explain it away!!!

Similarly in previous series a lot was conveyed by the looks they gave which can only be edited so much.

Its almost as if they are given directions before the models walk in to the effect "look at that person like you want to jump them"!! I just can't see why people who put themselves across as professionals, and are in most cases reasonably attractive themselves, can't put their hormonal reactions aside for a few minutes???

Watching You're Fired last night I have to say i found Tom Allen thoroughly unfunny. It felt like he was trying to hard. Really missed either Rhod or Dara.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Finding it a very good series so far. Missed the first episode but the last two have been great.

Pamela has been coming across very well. The unseen bit was her dressed as a cone.

I really like Tom Allen. Never heard of him before but think he makes a refreshing change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

unichick wrote: »
    Finding it a very good series so far. Missed the first episode but the last two have been great.

Pamela has been coming across very well. The unseen bit was her dressed as a cone.

I really like Tom Allen. Never heard of him before but think he makes a refreshing change.

I ****ing knew I seen a cone standing behind them. I was wondering what it was.

Pamela? Even last week when she was coming out with that sexist guff?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Coming across like a pain in the hole talking down to the lads last week about putting them in their place.

Can't wait for her to be hauled into the boardroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Watching You're Fired last night I have to say i found Tom Allen thoroughly unfunny. It felt like he was trying to hard. Really missed either Rhod or Dara.

He's not getting much reaction from the audience either. I don't find him funny, it all feels very forced.

Advertisement