Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That was dreadful. Awful group of people

Its about €140

Ah jaysus. South African Rand, I assumed the currency code was SAR so did SAR to EUR into google. Having checked it just now, SAR is Saudi Arabian Riyal. The currency code for South Africa is ZAR.

Apologies, my bad.

siblers wrote: »
    That was dreadful. Awful group of people

The first episode is rarely fantastic but tonights was really very bad.

Watching You're Fired. Casa di Candida. :pac::pac::pac:
    House of Thrush
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Some gorgeous female candidates.

Jemelin is stunning.

58755018_10161649944955254_4241391410093228032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQle3gfp3mCNQZb2B9qScE7clltFuwZk5mHZKa-TEuiFtksmm83RVtE4hOSO-mQN6Ek&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=0254335f282151fe291e14e293cc0772&oe=5E2A3AE4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I don't think any of the women are particularly good looking this year.

Just for balance, I'd say the same for the men.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

By jaysus I wish my librarian looked like that :D

She's a pretty unpleasant individual though.

Easy decision for Lord Sugar tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I don't think any of the women are particularly good looking this year.

Just for balance, I'd say the same for the men.

Ah now. Jemelin as pictured above could be potentially an all-time great. Her instagram page is....informative :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/B19RN0_Hi2A/

seligehgit wrote: »
    She's a pretty unpleasant individual though.

Easy decision for Lord Sugar tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoKKEXTnsQU/

Dat ass tho

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Her name reminds me of an Animal bar character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Finally got around to finishing this tonight.

Awful, awful stuff with a bunch of completely unlikeable candidates.

The bickering between the girls and getting lost while looking for the cellar was ridiculous yet the PM sits in the boardroom with an arrogant smug head on her.

They were very lucky the lads screwed up even more.

When both teams do that ****, he should bring back both PMs and the let PMs bring in one from each team and then fire the worst.

Winning cause the other team were ****ter is way too frequent and getting rewarded for it is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

As expected a total disaster ....
    Hard to know who will be decent at this stage, the Irish girl has potential

When do we get the crappy team names?

gmisk wrote: »
    As expected a total disaster ....
    Hard to know who will be decent at this stage, the Irish girl has potential

When do we get the crappy team names?

Don't think it's going to happen.

Usually first item on the agenda for the teams first task pre selection of the PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah it was watchable. Half the fun is seeing how unlikeable the candidates are. They definitely meet the brief this year.

Alan Sugar's jokes are horrendous. Dad jokes, every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

I am just amazed that every year they are able to find people who seem to never have watched the show before or have no awareness about what is needed!!!

I mean that's the only explanation for how unprepared they are and how badly they come across. At this point is there any reason not to be prepared? I mean there are only so many task types or variants thereof so having a plan as to how you would approach each should be relatively easy???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

coL wrote: »
    I am just amazed that every year they are able to find people who seem to never have watched the show before or have no awareness about what is needed!!!

I mean that's the only explanation for how unprepared they are and how badly they come across. At this point is there any reason not to be prepared? I mean there are only so many task types or variants thereof so having a plan as to how you would approach each should be relatively easy???
    I think the quality of the vast majority of applicants is poor tbh, they also clearly pick "characters" I'd say a lot just go on it for a shot at fame rather than anything to do with business

• Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yet another week of incompetence from all sides and people who can't do maths.

'This ice-lolly looks rude if I am honest'

Proceeds to suck it provocatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

'This ice-lolly looks rude if I am honest'

Proceeds to suck it provocatively.

That was funny alrite.
    Didn't see it last week, did the Irish wan get the boot?
    It's obvious that they go out of their way to have an even bigger bunch of knobs on this every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

It's funny, I don't work in sales or in a customer facing role at all really, and yet I know if I carried on as unprofessionally as pretty much any of them I'd be out on my ear :pac:

Can't decide which was more cringeworthy, the girls not bothering to work out their asking price for the rosemary monstrosities or the boys failing to sell their lollies at all!
    He was right to get rid of Kenna though, christ alrighty imagine asking someone for a £250,000 investment in your ice cream business and screwing that task up so completely...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Thought Dean was very lucky to escape tonight

The cockney lad is brilliant. Rest of them are horrible or robots with no personality

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

gmisk wrote: »
    I think the quality of the vast majority of applicants is poor tbh, they also clearly pick "characters" I'd say a lot just go on it for a shot at fame rather than anything to do with business

At the end of the day it's an entertainment show no matter how much they promote it as being about business so 'characters' is what keeps people watching.

If you have 18 intelligent business people on that show making solid but unspectacular decisions (for better or worse) the viewing numbers would fall off a cliff.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Enchanté" :D
    Ryan-Mark is my favourite so far, what a guy :pac:

"Enchant:D
    Ryan-Mark is my favourite so far, what a guy :pac:

He is insufferable and obnoxious beyond belief.The sole mitigating factor is his youth.

He has shown absolutely nothing thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

seligehgit wrote: »
    He is insufferable and obnoxious beyond belief.The sole mitigating factor is his youth.

He has shown absolutely nothing thus far.

His claims of being an award winning speaker and of having some of the highest net worth clients straight away let me know he was an insufferable ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

His claims of being an award winning speaker and of having some of the highest net worth clients straight away let me know he was an insufferable ass.

Am waiting for one of clients on the task to ask him how the stand up is going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

siblers wrote: »
    The cockney lad is brilliant. Rest of them are horrible or robots with no personality

Brilliant in 1 minute segments. Imagine having to work with the lad, he'd do your head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Did anyone else think it was unfair on Dean (who should have gone by the way) to say that the lady said she would pay one pound per lolly? I don't think she said she would, she said she would struggle to pay one pound per lolly. Bit of a difference. He saw it as a negotiation and asked for 1.25, and she declined.

Advertisement