Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AA and AAA Batteries from an Irish Store

Options
  • 12-10-2020 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭

Folks- anyone know the best Irish based store to by AA and AAA batteries from?.

I would normally buy in decent quantity from 7day shop but looking to see if there is an Irish based alternative. Keeping it country/Green Jersey and all that sort of thing. I don't mind paying a little bit more for the same thing, but I do mind paying a lot more.

Any ideas and suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

choice, euro saver or whatever pound shops its called nowadays, you get 10-20 packs for like 3-4 e

that in mind found quality to be complete rubbish on em, cant compare to phlilipps Duracell etc.

if its for simple stuff as toys, remotes etc they will do the job, but for hardware that requires good long lasting batteries better to go with main brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cheap batteries are a total waste, both of money but in terms of manufacturing and distributing and recycling them.

The really cheap ones (Kodak for example) can be had for approx 10c each but are useless.

The batteries they have in Lidl are quite good. Can’t remember the name of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Cheap batteries are a total waste, both of money but in terms of manufacturing and distributing and recycling them.

The really cheap ones (Kodak for example) can be had for approx 10c each but are useless.

The batteries they have in Lidl are quite good. Can’t remember the name of them.

I think the batteries in Lidl are called aerocell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

colm_mcm wrote: »

Never thought of trying the Lidl batteries, oddly, given I do nearly all the shopping there. Must check them out.

Advertisement