Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alone - History Channel

Options
  • 20-05-2017 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭

S.M.B recommended this in the Island thread, Id never heard of it but its one of the best survival shows ever made, 10 survivalist experts dropped on the shore in the same area of the Pacific Northwest rainforest, last man standing gets half a million $, its pure survival no cheating, nearly every ep has some emergency in it, its a nature reserve full of bears, wolves and cougars and other animals.

It got great ratings aswell so keeps getting renewed, season 4 is on the way. All the eps can be found in good quality on Dailymotion. If you like your Les Stroud/Naked and Alone type survival shows this is as good as it gets.

Alone.jpg

While Im recommending History programmes Forged in Fire is fecking brilliant, standard kind of elimination reality show except its blacksmiths making blades out of random scrap and submitting them for trials to the judges, its addictive viewing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nice, cheers for the heads up, will check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just watched the first couple of episodes of Season 1 and already love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

God the last ep of every series is so emotional, it must be the hardest reality challenge on tv, I fecking love this programme, bring on season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭onlyonpaper

You have me intrigued now. Is it going to be shown on Ch 529 History Channel ??? Any idea when it starts ?

Doesnt look like it, theres an entry for it on the History UK website but no times or anything, they're all on Dailymotion and other streaming sites though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

This is on Amazon Prime at the moment and we've just devoured Seasons 2 through 5. It's incredible. Anyone who enjoys Bear Gryll's "The Island" will love it: it's like that show on "Expert Mode". The contestants get the bare minimum of equipment (on top of their first aid kit and camera gear, they can choose 10 items from a pre-approved list of equipment e.g. sleeping bag, fire-starting kit, fishing line and hooks, bow and 5 arrows etc.

Yeah it's amazing, one of the best survival shows by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

I couldn't see it on Amazon Prime, is it just called Alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I don't see it as "included with prime" today but I'm pretty sure it was when I looked after reading the post mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I'v watched season 1 this week.Very good and easy to watch.looking forward to season 2 next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement