Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-08-2020, 10:21   #1
Harpy

5 days off them with patches

So five days off the cigarettes today. Feeling good and positive about it. I’m using the patches for the first time. Has anyone here used these successfully or used them at all, I’m curious of people’s experiences when dropping down nicotine and when coming off them? Is it like withdrawals all over again I’m just worried about just going back on them once patches stop..
Advertisement
30-08-2020, 12:35   #2
Harpy

Day 6 on the patch think it was the first morning I woke up and didn’t think about going for a cigarette which was good..
07-09-2020, 23:42   #3
Harpy

2 weeks as a non smoker today with the patches finding the patches very good. I’m curious as to what will happen when I drop down to the lower nicottine ones and then finally stop..
14-09-2020, 20:27   #4
Harpy

Hit the 3 weeks mark today.. had a few nasty cravings today But it could of been that I was just so conscious of the fact it was 3 weeks today I was thinking about it more..
Thanks from:
16-09-2020, 01:10   #5
Cherry Blossom

Well done Harpy for getting this far. I stopped cold turkey myself so can’t help you with the patches. I read Allen Carr’s book and also listened to subliminal stop smoking tracks and meditations on you tube. I sucked polos, played with a fidget spinner and rubicks cube and joined a few Facebook support groups. I tried so many things it’s hard to know what worked. You’ve made a good start. I really hope you can continue down your quit path. Best of luck.
Advertisement
16-09-2020, 23:20   #6
Harpy

Thanks cherry blossom. Feeling good about being a non smoker. I’ve been off them over 6 months before and stupidly went back on them and then loads more a few days here and there. Went cold turkey, Alan Carr and champix, champix was my longest the over six months.

Feeling positive this time just have it really in my head that I dont smoke and that’s it. So really hoping this time sticks.
I’m also spending a lot of time on quit smoking forums. if I think of them during the day now, I just come here and look through posts or go on reddit not sure if that’s the healthiest habit but it just gives me a lift if I need it seeing other people’s stories.
16-09-2020, 23:45   #7
Cherry Blossom

Yeah I quit twice before for over a year and both times went back on them after house moves. I’m nearly 2years and 9months on this quit so I’m hoping this is my forever quit this time.
Thanks from:
20-09-2020, 13:24   #8
mariopepper

I also was thinking about quitting with patches but after consulting with my current doctor he recommended another option. Chantix treatment. He told that I have too strong addiction and methods like cold turk. are not relevant. I hope I will succeed too.
26-09-2020, 11:46   #9
Harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariopepper View Post
I also was thinking about quitting with patches but after consulting with my current doctor he recommended another option. Chantix treatment. He told that I have too strong addiction and methods like cold turk. are not relevant. I hope I will succeed too.
I used chantix before it’s very good, I stayed off them for six months with champix. So good luck, just make sure you take champix with food, my stomach would be upset if I took them without food..

I hit 33 days as a non smoker today. I’m on the middle patches now didn’t really notice the drop down which is good. I’m looking forward to been off the patches still feel like I’m cheating a bit cause I still have nicotine in my system. But I’m getting rid of the habit first i suppose which is half the battle..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion