Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to identify Bike Model?

Options
  • 20-05-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just have a quick question on how someone can identify what exact make/model bike they have.

For example I have a Honda cbr600 F4 2001 but when checking parts on websites I'm getting 2 options when searching for my bike model 1) F1 and 2)F4i US Market

So I'm just wondering is there any way to tell by the chassis number what the exact model is, or is there a sticker somewhere on the bike, like under the seat that will identify the model.

Thanks,
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Would have thought your V5 reg document should have full model details on it. Otherwise can you not check on a Honda website for recalls which requires VIN number. That would then should model details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The key driver here is the VIN number.

Find a site that searches for parts by VIN number, e.g. This might work: https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/

Make a note of what it reports back.

Or, you could just ring Lee Honda or M50 Honda and give them the VIN and they'd tell you.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Took me 5 seconds to do this....just sayin...;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Cheers guys
    Took me 5 seconds to do this....just sayin...;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600F

yes I did this as well, but was getting conflicting info on parts websites hence reason for asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cheers guys

yes I did this as well, but was getting conflicting info on parts websites hence reason for asking :)

A lot of guy sell items for the same bike but they tend to list them seperately adding to the confusion, i.e a model that is say, 2000-2005..instead of one listing for 00-05 they will list things for each year....

• Advertisement
Advertisement