Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Echo won't register

Options
  • 19-05-2019 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got dad an amazon echo and was working fine for 15 months. stopped working so i removed from his account to add again, it won't add and having contacted amazon they require a serial number, which was on the box...long thrown out. Tesco where i bought it don't keep record of serial numbers. Anybody know a way around this? Or is it just a paper weight? I don't know why it won't register as it wasn't registered to another account or anything ever as I bought new for Dad. I changed the number on dads account as i originally had it registered to a uk number before echos were available here but it's same amazon account so can't imagine it being an issue.
    I think for the amount of these that get stolen vs the amount of owners that don't keep the box is a bit unfair system.
    A warning to everybody to not serial numbers (not mac address) if you have one in case you need help! You can find through the app or alexa website.
    Keep resetting it etc but no use, frustrating!

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Using .com or .co.uk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Mylow wrote: »
    Using .com or .co.uk ?

.co.uk.
    Frustrating web chat with them but they claim they can't do anything without the serial number

Advertisement