Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair checked baggage

Options
  • 18-05-2019 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Is there a limit on the size of a checked bag weighing less than 10k. I intend taking home an extra bag in addition to the onboard priority boarding bag. The information online describes a checked bag as a wheelie bag which would be one that fits in the overhead locker. I want to pay the €20 fee and have a bigger bag checked in weighing 10k but it doesn't fit the description wheelie bag even though it does have wheels. Any limit on size?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ttenneb wrote: »
    Is there a limit on the size of a checked bag weighing less than 10k. I intend taking home an extra bag in addition to the onboard priority boarding bag. The information online describes a checked bag as a wheelie bag which would be one that fits in the overhead locker. I want to pay the €20 fee and have a bigger bag checked in weighing 10k but it doesn't fit the description wheelie bag even though it does have wheels. Any limit on size?

No. Just weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

ttenneb wrote: »

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/baggage/20-kg-check-in-bag
    For health and safety reasons Ryanair does not accept for carriage any individual item exceeding 32 kilos or with combined dimensions of more than 81cms (height), 119cms (width) and 119cms (depth). This weight limit does not apply to mobility equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

The information regarding adding an extra bag has confusing details. In one sub category it says you can do it online by clicking "Add to trip" which is an impossible link to locate. It also says you can contact them to make the addition, which would be great if they could actually be contacted. It further says it can be done at the check-in desk. This last option seems the simplest, but will it cost any more than €10 for a 10k bag? I have booked priority boarding which allows me 2 bags to take on board and I need ro check an extra one.

Advertisement