Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect cadence sensor to Edge 520

Options
  • 14-05-2019 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

As the title says. I've changed the batteries twice now so it can't be that. The Garmin just keeps searching till it powers off. Garmin support forums are down.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I don't know how to solve your issue but I think there was a similar thread here recently. It's worth trying the search function

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭JMcL

I had a similar issue at first with my 520. In my case, I was initially looking for just a "Cadence" sensor (first thing in the list so made sense), scroll down a few pages however and there's "Speed/Cadence" which connected straight away. I've the older style Garmin speed/cadence with the magnet but I imagine the same applies to the newer style that straps to the hub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

JMcL wrote: »
    I had a similar issue at first with my 520. In my case, I was initially looking for just a "Cadence" sensor (first thing in the list so made sense), scroll down a few pages however and there's "Speed/Cadence" which connected straight away. I've the older style Garmin speed/cadence with the magnet but I imagine the same applies to the newer style that straps to the hub

The new style would need to be added as separate speed and cadence sensors, as there is no "link" between the two, whereas the GSC-10 type to which you refer is a combined one, and thus uses a different connectivity profile.

OP, is this a standalone cadence sensor, or a combined unit?

Advertisement