Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's this dedicated man?

• 21-11-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭

It keeps me wondering who is this dedicated cyclist not minding the elements he's out there when it pours or dark or both at the same time. Can be seen on Kilkenny to Freshford road or N76 Ballyragget to Killkenny. I've overtaken him a good few times on my commuting. Fair play to him for hitting the road in pitch dark I wouldn't have the balls to do that (one day maybe?). I felt sorry for him this morning 7:40am, heading to Freshford in a p1ssing rain! He's got some headlight too looks like a motorbike. Anyone know him?

And a big respect to all of the boardsies as well who are out there battling the weather these days!! Keep up the good work and safe journey!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Since I ditched the company van, cycling has being my sole means of transport ( unless I'm with the kids). There's a shower in work, with the correct gear you don't really mind the conditions.
    I find a headwind much worse than rain. I've yet to set out with ground frost. That's when I "may" get the Dart....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭fazer1

Probably Jim Fitzpatrick he works in Theecastles, there was a write up about him in Barry Mehans cycling blog a while back doing the race around Ireland. Hardcore and respect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Found it: Blog. Thank you!

Advertisement