Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

It's not a game. He is the President of the United States - and he decided to ignore Pompeo and Bolton.

So again, as a lefty, you must welcome this.

Or you are not a lefty at all.

He's a leftie that by his own admission, does not keep up to date with politics in the United States as it is just a game... but yet is proud to be left leaning politically.

Bandwagon lefties I think is the collective term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Trumps a fcuking idiot, and I'm a proud lefty

How many wars did Hilary and Obama start? Are you a proud lefty who blows smoke up their asses or one who hates all things American?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

It doesn't matter who becomes president of the United States or what their intentions are when they do.

They all end up being dragged into the swamp as soon as they reach the white house.

The swamp is the real government of USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If not for those bases Israel wouldn't exist as we know it today.

I'm not fan of Iran or the US (i took part in the anti war march before the Iraq invasion as an example) but when you say proof of course i have none as neither do 99.99% of us. All i am going by is reports iv'e read or watched. There is so much spin and propaganda it's hard to know what to believe. I do believe Iran wants to be the dominant force in the region.

Israel has nothing to do with America. There are massacres, genocides and governments overthrown worldwide every year. America don't have bases all over Africa as an example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Why hasn't this thread been moved to the other forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Just seen footage of Iran downing the drone, FFS even a dog with a mallet up where the sun don't shine knows the drone was in Iranian airspace.

It was filmed from the shore line, I'm sure Iranian territory goes over the horizon.

Looks like they have the capability to track down drones, that puts Iranian defence capabilities into a different perspective.

Hopefully this won't escalate, the last thing family and friends need is to be loosing people to a pointless war.

Ironically if Iran flew drone's near American soil it wouldn't be acceptable.

Rightly so,but I think Iran seem to be pulling a few tricks out of the bag.

They're way more powerful and effective than Iran was....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

How many wars did Hilary and Obama start? Are you a proud lefty who blows smoke up their asses or one who hates all things American?

presidents have limited power, and a large proportion of the democratic party are not left, chomsky is spot on here when he calls them 'moderate republicans'. ive no hatred towards america, i even spent the day with another american friend yesterday, my american friends have been generally very upset with the way their country has run for a very long time now, one even left many years ago, stating Europe has far better hope, he is very negative towards the future of his country, and this is understandable so

If Iran can shoot down a US drone from the ground, it's in their airspace. I don't care about an imaginary line in the sea.

Trumps a fcuking idiot, and I'm a proud lefty

Nothing to be proud of to be a lefty,thats for sure.

Anyone who describes themselves as a lefty these day's are the but of a lot of comedians joke's....

Isn't moderate a bit more balanced no ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Nobody knows for sure what Iran's military capabilities are...and it is that question mark that is making the swampers pause.

Iran is a well educated tech savvy nation of 90 million people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

If Iran can shoot down a US drone from the ground, it's in their airspace. I don't care about an imaginary line in the sea.
    That’s a dumb assertion. Many surface to air missiles can travel very far, whereas the territorial limit is 12 miles. Even surface to air system developed in the 60’s and 70’s can travel 20 miles.

Saying if it can be hit, qualifies it to be within airspace, is stupid.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

That’s a dumb assertion. Many surface to air missiles can travel very far, whereas the territorial limit is 12 miles. Even surface to air system developed in the 60’s and 70’s can travel 20 miles.

Saying if it can be hit, qualifies it to be within airspace, is stupid.

It's an opinion and I basically mean that if this is the casus belli, then I certainly won't consider it legitimate just because it was technically outside their airspace. If a nation can shoot down its enemy's aircraft from the ground, then those aircraft are too close. US aircraft should be in the US half a world away, or on their carriers hundreds of miles from Iran.

Well it’s pretty clear that actually demonstrating facts to you is a waste of time. The anti -anything American rubbish people like you spout is just idiocy, so i’ll Just add you to ignore.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Just seen footage of Iran downing the drone, FFS even a dog with a mallet up where the sun don't shine knows the drone was in Iranian airspace.

It was filmed from the shore line, I'm sure Iranian territory goes over the horizon.

Looks like they have the capability to track down drones, that puts Iranian defence capabilities into a different perspective.

Hopefully this won't escalate, the last thing family and friends need is to be loosing people to a pointless war.

Ironically if Iran flew drone's near American soil it wouldn't be acceptable.

They're way more powerful and effective than Iran was....

Link please?

archer22 wrote: »
    Nobody knows for sure what Iran's military capabilities are...and it is that question mark that is making the swampers pause.

Iran is a well educated tech savvy nation of 90 million people.

The cradle of civilization Iran.

They're well capable of defending themselves and I love their culture and history.

I've a feeling themselves and American could have a great relationship, the Iranians are really nice people who love their style and couture.

A very attractive looking race too.

A lot of blue eyed people like ourselves and their Farsi language is very similar to our own, they link up going way back.

I had the privilege of going fly-fishing one evening with an Iranian and his wife, absolutely lovely couple.

He told me Iran is not what a lot of westerners think....

presidents have limited power, and a large proportion of the democratic party are not left, chomsky is spot on here when he calls them 'moderate republicans'. ive no hatred towards america, i even spent the day with another american friend yesterday, my american friends have been generally very upset with the way their country has run for a very long time now, one even left many years ago, stating Europe has far better hope, he is very negative towards the future of his country, and this is understandable so

So Obama and Hilary didn’t start any wars?

Link please?

Yeah, some lad above claiming GPS shows it in Iranian Airspace but no source to the claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

It's not a game. He is the President of the United States - and he decided to ignore Pompeo and Bolton.

So again, as a lefty, you must welcome this.

Or you are not a lefty at all.

I’m centre left and anti American imperialism and I welcome it. I don’t think trump is all that imperialist though.

I wonder what he is doing with Bolton though. Keeping him on a leash?

It's an opinion and I basically mean that if this is the casus belli, then I certainly won't consider it legitimate just because it was technically outside their airspace. If a nation can shoot down its enemy's aircraft from the ground, then those aircraft are too close. US aircraft should be in the US half a world away, or on their carriers hundreds of miles from Iran.

So you claim it was inside their airspace and if proven otherwise you won’t care if it was inside or not. Very impartial. The US Navy is operating legally within international waters. I suppose you don’t accept the rule of law either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

They're way more powerful and effective than Iraq was....

Looks like China and Russia have given them some equipment. Both countries seem to be innovating on ballistics (not that I know much about it. )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Last time something like this happened Iran hacked the RQ-170 drone by providing fake GPS units making the drone think it was over the US, they then managed to make it remotely crash land.

Maybe possible they fed fake GPS into this forcing it to fly into Iranian airspace and causing them to shoot it down. The RQ-4 is not a stealthy design and is very easy to pick up on radar versus the RQ-170 which had a partial stealth design. The the US wanted to fly over Iran undetected they would use the F-35 as Israel has done on at least one airstrike.

Who really knows is Iran and the US. The media or us here can only speculate.

So you claim it was inside their airspace and if proven otherwise you won’t care if it was inside or not. Very impartial. The US Navy is operating legally within international waters. I suppose you don’t accept the rule of law either...

I didn't claim it was in their airspace, like within 12 miles or whatever the legal limit is. I gave my opinion stating that for all intents and purposes, if an Irani surface-to-air missile can hit a US drone, then it's effectively in Iran's airspace. I didn't make some grand legal argument regarding it. It's my opinion and I would imagine it would be the opinion of 330 million Americans if Irani planes and submarines were 15 miles of the coast of Miami.

The drone operator in his office deserved the shock of his screen going black. It should hopefully upset him enough that he can only eat half his Big Mac for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-iran-usa-swiss/iran-tells-u-s-it-will-be-responsible-for-consequences-of-any-attack-fars-idUSKCN1TM13B

Now that's how you deal with the worlds biggest bully on your doorstep, its all they understand..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭jackboy

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-iran-usa-swiss/iran-tells-u-s-it-will-be-responsible-for-consequences-of-any-attack-fars-idUSKCN1TM13B

Now that's how you deal with the worlds biggest bully on your doorstep, its all they understand..

It's just meaningless rubbish talk which has no impact.

jackboy wrote: »
    It's just meaningless rubbish talk which has no impact.

Why wouldn't it? You have a country that is openly hostile and threatening to yours parked on your doorstep with aircraft carriers and you expect them to sit there and twiddle their thumbs whilst they get attacked, reverse the scenario here and let it sink in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

The cradle of civilization Iran.

They're well capable of defending themselves and I love their culture and history.

I've a feeling themselves and American could have a great relationship, the Iranians are really nice people who love their style and couture.

A very attractive looking race too.

A lot of blue eyed people like ourselves and their Farsi language is very similar to our own, they link up going way back.

I had the privilege of going fly-fishing one evening with an Iranian and his wife, absolutely lovely couple.

He told me Iran is not what a lot of westerners think....

Yeah an amazing country for sure. Must be the reason millions upon millions of people flock there every year on holiday :rolleyes:

We've a leftie idiot of a woman as a parent in my kids school class. Always going on and on about Trump this, Trump that, America is a country of warmongers etc... the usual leftie sh1te and yet where has she took her family on holidays twice in the last 5 years, yes rights right Disneyland Florida. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Yeah an amazing country for sure. Must be the reason millions upon millions of people flock there every year on holiday :rolleyes:

We've a leftie idiot of a woman as a parent in my kids school class. Always going on and on about Trump this, Trump that, America is a country of warmongers etc... the usual leftie sh1te and yet where has she took her family on holidays twice in the last 5 years, yes rights right Disneyland Florida. :pac:

So you think that it's not a culturaly rich nation steeped in history just because Gobshytes don't flock there to get a tan and wolf back cheap booze and mighty macs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭jackboy

Why wouldn't it? You have a country that is openly hostile and threatening to yours parked on your doorstep with aircraft carriers and you expect them to sit there and twiddle their thumbs whilst they get attacked, reverse the scenario here and let it sink in..
    They haven't been attacked. Iran are doing all the attacking (tankers, drones, Syria, Yemen etc). The US have been very restrained as they don't want an escalation. There is a limit though.

jackboy wrote: »
    They haven't been attacked. Iran are doing all the attacking (tankers, drones, Syria, Yemen etc). The US have been very restrained as they don't want an escalation. There is a limit though.

Aye the US.... The boy who cried wolf one to many times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

So you think that it's not a culturaly rich nation steeped in history just because Gobshytes don't flock there to get a tan and wolf back cheap booze and mighty macs!

It's a great country. Where did i say otherwise? Doesn't mean America isn't a great country also.

Advertisement