Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-06-2019, 00:33   #1
Mickeroo
Category Moderator

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Upgrade Offer

Posted this bargain earlier in the Xbox forum: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=9140

Lifting below explanation from reddit:

Quote:
There is currently an offer to subscribe to Gamepass Ultimate for €1. Gamepass Ultimate subs you to Gold, Gamepass and PC Gamepass in one subscription.

Subscribing to Ultimate will take the remaining time on your existing subs and add them together, giving you a longer sub for Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months) . For example, if you have 6 months Gold and 3 months Gamepass, you will end up with 9 months Ultimate. If you have 2 years of each, you will get 3 years of Ultimate.

For best value for money, extend your Gold sub (as it's cheaper than Gamepass), THEN take up the offer. Example, if you have 1 years Gold and 3 months Gamepass, you will get 15 months Ultimate. If you extend your Gold by another year, you will get 27 months Ultimate, essentially giving you the Gamepass for free (and saving a lot of money).

It also appears that you can now redeem a Gold only code after you have subbed to Ultimate. If you do this, it looks like the conversion rate is 3 months Gold = 1 month Ultimate.
I myself had 18 months of Gold active and 6 months of game pass so now I have 2 years of ultimate.

This is all the games you will have access to on PC: https://imgur.com/a/Imm75V9

On the console version there are many many more.

Upgrade can be done here.

Last edited by Mickeroo; 10-06-2019 at 00:55.
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 10:29   #2
fast_eddie

Thanks for the heads-up - worked perfectly for me!

My Gold sub was due to expire in Nov 2019.

I stacked 2x 12 Months Gold from CDKeys.com (€46 each) which brought my Gold up to Nov 2021.

I was already on the "€1 for 3 months" Game Pass taster, due to expire in Aug 2019.

I then paid €1 for the upgrade as specified above, and now I've got Game Pass Ultimate with the next payment due in Jan 2022 - for €93 total. Not sure where I got the extra 6 weeks from, but not complaining...

Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 10:36   #3
theteal

Cheers OP. I've done it. No idea where that leaves my subs. . .

I too was on the £1 for 3 months Games Pass with Gold for the guts of a year to go.

EDIT - found the info, next charge is 01/04/2020. Must not have had that much left on my Gold sub afterall but better than a kick in the nuts!

Last edited by theteal; 10-06-2019 at 10:42.
10-06-2019, 10:58   #4
Cyrus

sorry for the dumb qns but i have just bought an xbox one x and have no sub for anything yet, what does this get me and whats the best way for me to proceed?
10-06-2019, 11:03   #5
theteal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
sorry for the dumb qns but i have just bought an xbox one x and have no sub for anything yet, what does this get me and whats the best way for me to proceed?
Get a year subs to Gold from the likes of CDkeys - you'll need this anyway if you want to play online. Then you'll most likely have a free 14 days or month of Game Pass with your new console. Pay the £1 more to upgrade it to ultimate and it'll give you 1yr + 14days (or month) access to ultimate. So on a very basic terms, you're getting Game Pass (lots of free games) for a year (instead of just 14 days) for nothing. I don't even know what additional perks Ultimate gives you.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 11:30   #6
WeleaseWoderick

Is CDkeys the best place to get Xbox Live subscriptions from? Never bought from them before but want to get best value for this deal!
10-06-2019, 11:39   #7
theteal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeleaseWoderick View Post
Is CDkeys the best place to get Xbox Live subscriptions from? Never bought from them before but want to get best value for this deal!
I've used others before CDkeys but tbh I can't even remember the names as I've stuck with CDkeys for the last few years. Only ever had one issue with them (NowTV pass) which they promptly refunded.
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 11:40   #8
alastair_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_eddie View Post
Not sure where I got the extra 6 weeks from, but not complaining...
I think the link, rather than just upgrading, is buying 1 month of Ultimate for €1, so that explains 4 weeks anyway

I addition to 24 months live, I bought 1 month gamepass for €2.29 from cdkeys (only works id you've not used gamepass before) and it offered another month if i turned on recurring billing.

So Probably 3 and a bit months left on a current live
2 months gamepass
24 months additional xbox live
1 month ultimate

spent €90.27 and I have Ultimate until Jan 2022. Incredible value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeleaseWoderick View Post

I used cdkeys. They had a whoopsie yesterday and sent out used codes to a lot of people, but I contacted support and within 12 hours I had new working codes. 2 alternatives are listed in the OP of hukd:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gam...-store-3244069
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 13:38   #9
feylya

Cancelled my Game Pass, got two 12 month cards, and upgraded for €1. 2 years of access for ~€90 instead of €400+ is alright in my book
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 13:44   #10
the corpo

Do you need to cancel gamespass to avail of it? So many options!

I'm a gamepass subsriber, and have an unused gold key. Can I just use the live key and then go for the 1 euro offer?
10-06-2019, 13:55   #11
Paddy_man

Send a message via MSN to Paddy_man Send a message via Yahoo to Paddy_man Send a message via Skype™ to Paddy_man
Quote:
Originally Posted by the corpo View Post

I'm a gamepass subsriber, and have an unused gold key. Can I just use the live key and then go for the 1 euro offer?
You don't need to cancel your game pass, it will add on the time afaik. Use the live pass before your upgrade and it will convert it all to ultimate.
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 13:56   #12
feylya

Quote:

I cancelled Gamepass, added 2 Gold keys, then click on the upgrade link. You might need to wait a few minutes after adding the gold key before you can get the deal.
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 14:05   #13
the corpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_man View Post
You don't need to cancel your game pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feylya View Post
I cancelled Gamepass.
Conflicting advice!
10-06-2019, 14:11   #14
Mickeroo
Category Moderator

Quote:
Conflicting advice!
I would say they were on a rolling 9.99 a month subscription for game pass, so it would make sense to cancel it in that scenario.
10-06-2019, 14:11   #15
feylya

Let me rephrase then - I cancelled my reoccuring subscription so that I wouldn't be charged next month.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion