Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Funding Donators

• 23-03-2019 7:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭

I guess it's a secret but who are Donators to boards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

George Soros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Donald J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

rgossip30 wrote: »

Just hope you never find out. That's one tap on the shoulder you never want to get.

Clue, an author (who you never hear much about anymore! :eek:) wrote a book about them some years back that was made into a film starring an actor who famously compared life to a box of confectionary.

I may have said too much.

Edit: I really have said too much. Dear god, how do I delete this post ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We generally get a good donation off the guy who we get our Coke and Hookers off because we give him so much business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Let me help you delete....^^^^^. there that's better, no one will know what you said
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭rgossip30

We generally get a good donation off the guy who we get our Coke and Hookers off because we give him so much business!

You get f all from boards.

You get f all from boards.

Ah now, what about the God complex and humour bypass?

They don't come cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

American IRA sympathisers thinking they fund the next revolution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Saudi Arabia thinking they fund a mosque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Whoever they are, I am accepting donations too! ;)

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Whoever they are, I am accepting donations too! ;)

Why not be generous and stop being selfish donate to boards and know you are helping a worthy cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Koch Brothers
    George Soros
    Marty Whelan
    Bibi Baskin
    Bill Gates
    The Estate of Nikola Tesla
    Joey Ndo.

The Koch Brothers
    George Soros
    Marty Whelan
    Bibi Baskin
    Bill Gates
    Joey Ndo.

I knew old Georgie had to be there spend it before you get taxed on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Aongus Von Bismarck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Aongus Von Bismarck

Not sure he can afford too much after the dole money is handed over to his mother.

It’s actually the daft lads who fund boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

How do we know you're not a donator to Boards and have started this thread to throw us all off the scent?

Autecher wrote: »
    How do we know you're not a donator to Boards and have started this thread to throw us all off the scent?

You have been reading too many conspiracy theories .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The Department of Social Protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,498 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That would be a Donors question.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Tuco88

The Stonecutters.

Who holds back the electric car...who makes...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

Dinny O'Bribe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Autecher wrote: »

You have been reading too many conspiracy theories .
    You've just confirmed it to me now with that reply! I don't read conspiracy theories but I was obsessed with the x-files as a youngster. The truth is out there...

https://youtu.be/hAAlDoAtV7Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

John Delaney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Our major sponsor is Air Force Major Abacha Tunde, the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station.

He regularly transfers funds to Boards and all we have to do is transfer it on to some other accounts, while keeping a cut. Works out great.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭marty whelan

The Koch Brothers
    George Soros
    Marty Whelan
    Bibi Baskin
    Bill Gates
    Joey Ndo.

I don't give a cent

dudara wrote: »
    Our major sponsor is Air Force Major Abacha Tunde, the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station.

He regularly transfers funds to Boards and all we have to do is transfer it on to some other accounts, while keeping a cut. Works out great.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99630817&postcount=248
    Boards made a loss of half a million in 2015 what are finances like now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I think Beasty was going to buy boards at one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99630817&postcount=248
    Boards made a loss of half a million in 2015 what are finances like now ?

Did you actually read the post you quoted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

http://distilledsch.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

As boards is run by a strictly male organization (don't be fooled by mods claiming to be female) it is clear that the main funding is from the Freemasonry organization, in particular the Continental Freemasonry. A bit of background on the Continental Freemasonry shows that they are at odds with the "Regular Freemasonry" group (who operates out of England).

Because boards is an Irish website and Ireland is next door to England it makes perfect sense that they'll fund the website in order to antagonize both the Regular Freemasonry and England. All of this is done to slowly build up a base of loyal soldiers (the users of boards) so that when the time comes to overthrow the incumbent there will be plenty of cannon fodder for the many battles.

It is not a coincidence that almost all posts you read always have a subtle hint of sticking it to the English.

Viva la revolución!

Operation rich paper towel is underway, commander.

As boards is run by a strictly male organization (don't be fooled by mods claiming to be female) it is clear that the main funding is from the Freemasonry organization, in particular the Continental Freemasonry. A bit of background on the Continental Freemasonry shows that they are at odds with the "Regular Freemasonry" group (who operates out of England).

Because boards is an Irish website and Ireland is next door to England it makes perfect sense that they'll fund the website in order to antagonize both the Regular Freemasonry and England. All of this is done to slowly build up a base of loyal soldiers (the users of boards) so that when the time comes to overthrow the incumbent there will be plenty of cannon fodder for the many battles.

It is not a coincidence that almost all posts you read always have a subtle hint of sticking it to the English.

Viva la revolución!

Operation rich paper towel is underway, commander.

Don't drink the kool aid.

This is completely irrelevant to boards.ie (and I trust I'll be corrected if this is an ill-informed hot-take), but there's nothing stopping me from registering a website called www.FGboards.ie and accepting donations from all-comers, is there?

Even if the main aim were to advance the message of a political party, I'd be pretty much free to accept any kind of donation, as long as I were not doing so directly on behalf of a party, is that correct?

Such a prospect may be moot, given the major presence in the Irish political landscape of major platforms like Twitter and Facebook, but it's slightly odd that such potential for - well, propaganda, basically - appears to exist.

Advertisement