Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss of the Gambino Family Whacked.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

What do you expect... This is America!

You must be "one of the few" that's not in the USA this weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Historically, Carmine always said that the Gambinos were nothing more than a glorified crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

La Cosa Nostra was decimated in the 80s and 90s by electronic surveillance, RICO prosecutions and rats. What's left now is a pale imitation.

La Cosa Nostra was decimated in the 80s and 90s by electronic surveillance, RICO prosecutions and rats. What's left now is a pale imitation.

We could do with mandatory 30 year stretches over here, the gangs would collapse overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If Eugene Gotti was behind the killing then i'd say his release from prison will be a short one. Whacking a boss will either bring more bloodshed or someone is going to be whacked from the Gotti side. Then again, for something like this to happen i'd imagine there must have been a reason for his killing, like maybe Frank was informing on other mobsters and the order to kill him was green lit. Interesting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The other 4 families of New York, the Lucchese, Colombo, Bonnano, Genovese are refusing to acknowledge Eugene Gotti as Boss of the Gambino Family.

This proves that the hit on Cali was unsanctioned.

What they'll do is remove the problem crew.

Gene Gotti is a dead man walking.

For his sake I hope the Feds get him first . Put this old man away for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The mafia and mob is still a thing????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Tommy: No more shines Billy
    Billy Batts: What?
    Tommy: I said, no more shines Billy Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time, I didn't go up, didn't tell ya.
    Billy Batts: Ah..
    Tommy: I don't shine shoes anymore.
    Billy Batts: Relax, would ya. What's got into you? I haven't seen you in a long ****ing time, and I'm breaking your balls a little bit, I'm only kidding with ya.
    Tommy: Well, sometimes you don't sound like you're kidding, you know, there's a lotta people here.
    Billy Batts: I'm only kidding with ya.
    Tommy: It's OK.
    Billy Batts: I don't mean to offend you.
    Tommy: I'm sorry.
    Billy Batts: I'm sorry too.
    Tommy: It's okay.
    Billy Batts: Salut, Tommy.
    Tommy: [to the bartender] Can we get some drinks? Everybody, drinks on the house.
    Billy Batts: [Takes a drink] Now go home and get your ****ing shine box.
    Tommy: [Smashes his drinking glass] Mother****in' mutt! You big piece of ****! You big ****in' tough guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Frank Cali was shot six times in the head last Wednesday outside his Staton Island home.

His killers are alleged to be from the Howard Beach Gambino Crew, Gottis, Eugene Gotti was released from prison a few months ago after serving 30 yrs.

They're taking back the family.

Ah yeah, was he any relation to the heffernens from listowel?

• Advertisement

The mafia and mob is still a thing????
    In New York ist certainly is, all 5 families are still active, plus the DevCavalcante's from New Jersey.

The Nationwide Commission is a thing of the past,.only NY, Philly, Boston, Chicago and Detroit remain active.

Biggest Boss in America at the moment would be Liborio 'Barney' Bellemo.

Genovese Boss.

The Gambinos are split down the middle, the Sicilian faction controlled the family through Cali. The Americans don't like the zips.

Hence why the Gottis have made a fatal move imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

The other 4 families of New York, the Lucchese, Colombo, Bonnano, Genovese are refusing to acknowledge Eugene Gotti as Boss of the Gambino Family.

This proves that the hit on Cali was unsanctioned.

What they'll do is remove the problem crew.

Gene Gotti is a dead man walking.

For his sake I hope the Feds get him first . Put this old man away for good.

It wasn't gene, it was a 2.bit junkie who cali refused to allow date his niece.

Unbelievable the boss of the gambino family taken out like that.

As for gene, he never ever struck me from everything I've read as a boss type of guy

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

El_Bee wrote:
    We could do with mandatory 30 year stretches over here, the gangs would collapse overnight.

Definitely

Larsso30 wrote: »
    It wasn't gene, it was a 2.bit junkie who cali refused to allow date his niece.

Unbelievable the boss of the gambino family taken out like that.

As for gene, he never ever struck me from everything I've read as a boss type of guy
    No way Frankie Cali was taken out by a junkie, what type of retard would kill the boss of NY's second biggest crime family?

The latest reports on the wire is that the other 4 fams are going to dismantle the Howard Beach crew and install a new boss from the zips.

No way Frankie Cali was taken out by a junkie, what type of retard would kill the boss of NY's second biggest crime family?

The latest reports on the wire is that the other 4 fams are going to dismantle the Howard Beach crew and install a new boss from the zips.

https://themobmuseum.org/blog/the-mob-hit-that-wasnt/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8652693/new-york-mafia-frank-cali-killed-shooter-date-relative-ban/z

Wouldn't have happened twenty years ago

Larsso30 wrote: »
    What has happened to Cosa Nostra?

Aint no respect or honour on the streets anymore.

Is it any wonder why blacks and Mexicans are taking the areas.

It's a solid disgrace is what it is.

What has happened to Cosa Nostra?

Aint no respect or honour on the streets anymore.

Is it any wonder why blacks and Mexicans are taking the areas.

It's a solid disgrace is what it is.

Rico changed it all, people prepared to inform to save themselves from life sentences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The zips what the hell does that mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Think he watches a bit too much of the Crime channel on sky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Think he watches a bit too much of the Crime channel on sky

OK its spoof you got me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

In New York ist certainly is, all 5 families are still active, plus the DevCavalcante's from New Jersey.

The Nationwide Commission is a thing of the past,.only NY, Philly, Boston, Chicago and Detroit remain active.

What game would they be into now, drugs, gambling, prostitution, security ? it must be a lot harder to make a living now than it was 20 - 30 years ago

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Actual Sicilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

That's fine until some wise guy downtown rats to the D.A.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Just rear 4 pages of poorly referenced soap quotes about some criminal getting killed. With adoration and admiration like that it's no wonder they get so much respect instead of scorn and derision.. All their graves are dug the same depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mr Regal

El_Bee wrote: »
    Historically, Carmine always said that the Gambinos were nothing more than a glorified crew.

We decapitate and do business with what's left.
    I did twenty ****in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Frank Cali was shot six times in the head last Wednesday outside his Staton Island home.

His killers are alleged to be from the Howard Beach Gambino Crew, Gottis, Eugene Gotti was released from prison a few months ago after serving 30 yrs.

They're taking back the family.

Does that mean he is now an ex-person.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Just rear 4 pages of poorly referenced soap quotes about some criminal getting killed. With adoration and admiration like that it's no wonder they get so much respect instead of scorn and derision.. All their graves are dug the same depth.

Ohhhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Brazil received a large number of Italians, mostly from Veneto and surrounding areas. They industialized the country that till they arrival had nothing. USA instead was already rich and attracted only southerners escaping the fight against "brigantaggio" that the new Italian state was doing againt the south.

• Advertisement

Case is closed now. He was killed by a mentally ill 24 yr old man Anthony Comello who is in a Sanatorium now.

Comello is marked for death but it's very unlikely that he's ever going to be walking the streets of NY again. Lorenzo Mannino became the new boss of the Gambinos.

Advertisement