Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPF Nature Group Wildlife Photography Exbition

Options
  • 24-06-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

13528557_10153806271594895_573312504427361651_o.jpg
    The Nature Group is delighted to announce that it is holding an Exhibition of Members' Wildlife Photography in a highly prestigious location – the National Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin 9.

The exhibition will run from 6th July until 1st August 2016.

The Gardens are extremely popular with tourists and locals alike, with an annual footfall of around 500,000 visitors, largely concentrated in the summer months. We have been granted the entire gallery space above the restaurant for our exhibition, and will have seventy images on view.

This I believe is the first event of its kind giving Irish Wildlife Photographers an opportunity to showcase their work to a wide public audience. The images on display will be of all genres of wildlife photography and will be of the highest standard. At this point, I can also announce that we are privileged to have on board, as our Selector, Mark Carmody, photographer of “Birds of Ireland – a Field Guide”; “Freshwater Birds of Ireland” and “Shore Birds of Ireland”.

We also wish to extend our thanks to the members of Tallaght Camera Club, for their generosity in letting us use their collection of frames from their highly successful Salons.

Canon Ireland have given us their generous support by agreeing to print all the images that will be on display. This represents an enormous injection not only of product, but also of time and energy on behalf of Canon Ireland.

The Nature Group members have been very supportive of our decision to hold such an event and I would ask all IPF club members to support the Nature Group by visiting the exhibition.

Exhibition opening hours are 10am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sundays.

- Jack Malins, Chairman, IPF Nature Group

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

Many thanks for the details Darragh.

I'd like to add my thanks to Canon, the OPW, and The Botanic Gardens too for hosting and sponsoring this event along with the Astrophotography exhibition last February.

I've sent a note to the IAS to ask for the event to be publicised after all the generous support Tallaght Camera Club gave us earlier in the year.

John

Advertisement