Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Physics Higher Level !!!!

Options
  • 18-06-2001 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Well, what did people think. I got on ok but I thought it was a very tough paper. Especially Q5 which isn't even on the course. The experiment part that is. All in all I was unhappy with the paper.

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Quite a coincidence that I posted an identical topic at exactly the same minute!!!! 6:24.

Yes - it was a horror of a paper.

--Chris--

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

i thought that was the easiest paper of the last few years, i dont know where that Q5 was coming from tho, never seen it in my life. Unfortuatly i didn't do alot of study and didn't do as well as i should, but i still think it was pretty easy, especially for anyone that did any study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hannah

oh, yay!
    i'm the only person who wasn't pleased with the paper,
    argh, only 1/2 question on electronics!,
    noooooooo!,
    not a good paper for me anyway, but most ppl i have spoken to so far thought it was ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, I wasn't really fond of that paper....

granted most of the problems were my fault. smile.gif. I didn't do any study until 9pm the night before, but some of the questions were real b*stards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Looking at the paper in as neutral was as I can, it definately was not harder than most other years. If anything the long questions were a shade easier than normal. The short questions were on par in difficulty with most other years.

The question 5 was on the course. It was very obvious what to do if you knew the relatively fundamental law that total momentum is conserved. All the other questions were very standard for their respective topics.

Thats my 2 pence anyway tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i thought it was fairly hard, but i only did 2 hours study for it overall... i did the question about the balloon because i thought it was going to be simple, but i ended up messing it up.

the expt's were easy (i did q6 and q7)
    the only thing that really threw me was capacitance q4. i thought i could get away with knowing nothing at all about capacitance (i don't even know how to spell it..) and its the one area of the course that i would not want on q4.
    of course.. i wasn't going to tell cotter that (i saw him after the exam)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

thats what yous get for doing stupid ass physics
    ah its great when the leaving finished on june the 12th...
    life is sweet

Advertisement