Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fireworks 2015

Options
  • 21-07-2015 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

The annual Bray festival is finishing off with an other firework display on Aug 3 (from 10 o'clock). I hope to improve on my previous pathetic attempts. Traffic and parking is always a nightmare so conceder getting there early and leaving late or go for the public transport option.

http://www.braysummerfest.com/

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

OldGoat wrote: »
    The annual Bray festival is finishing off with an other firework display on Aug 3 (from 10 o'clock). I hope to improve on my previous pathetic attempts. Traffic and parking is always a nightmare so conceder getting there early and leaving late or go for the public transport option.

http://www.braysummerfest.com/

I might be able to go again this year - was good last year (not the shots, but the atmosphere and the fireworks!!).

I did end up getting a shot that ended up on my L Panel though!
    964B00747F1C47558C1FF2DB9EFA90F6-0000336177-0003622820-00640L-55C737F62ECF460B9D24855B692540D7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I intend to stay off the beach and go up on the head instead for a better overview.

I intend to stay off the beach and go up on the head instead for a better overview.

Definitely, I was thinking that too. I did the walk from Bray to Greystones a couple of weeks ago and realised that it's not difficult to get that view at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I was going to do the opposite, i was along Bray Head last year and i wasn't happy with the results, was going to shoot underneath the fireworks this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I found that from the beach you lose the spectacle of 'size' that the fireworks give off. The majority of your shooting is straight up so that you lose perspective with nothing to hold against the flashbangsparkle.
    Smoke was an issue too. Made the mistake of standing downwind of the launchsite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Ciarafoto_ops

Tiriel wrote: »
    I might be able to go again this year - was good last year (not the shots, but the atmosphere and the fireworks!!).

I did end up getting a shot that ended up on my L Panel though!

@Tiriel I love this picture. What shutter speed did you shoot that at?

@Tiriel I love this picture. What shutter speed did you shoot that at?

Thanks - the exif information is: ႒/10.0 28mm 5seconds at ISO100. Used a tripod!

Advertisement