Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People on internet get annoyed with other people on internet

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

It's ironic to gatekeep content in a Simpsons meme group and be so anti-satire where it does not conform to their thinking on certain matters.
    Absolutely.
    A scan of Facebook profiles which comment against a particular photo (together with likes of such comments) indicates that the guys are crusty, virgin types and the girls are scruffy, shout-the-loudest, daddy issues types.
    Well that isn't true - they're a mixed bunch in fairness. There are plenty of fair and reasonable members.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

wexie wrote: »
    You can mod facebook :eek:

Where do you get them? Nexus mods?

Yeah, you need DBM as a minimum if you want to get past the Simpsons Raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Had a look at that page. Real bang of ‘Ents Officer’ from the student union of an IT off the place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah I'm not seeing how being political from the start negates what I said. It got much much MORE political. I was a member for nearly two years so I could see this. And you hardly need to be a right-winger/right-whinger to see how utterly hostile and aggressive and intolerant the place became. They don't even tolerate people who are left of centre. It's hardline leftist politics (some of which is fanatical) or bust. The last straw for me was someone posting Ireland should be like the Soviet Union and some guy downplaying Stalin's purges.
    It's their group, they set it up, they have total control over the content and why should they have to change just because it got popular? It's not a public service and unlike other places like Boards they don't have to cave to pay the bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Yeah it does get very tiresome after a while, it's done a lot to put me off the page. I'd be fairly bang in the centre but they're so rabidly to the left it's insane - I literally had all my comments deleted by a mod before for arguing with a guy that the GULAGs were brutal prison camps.

They will not tolerate any kind of "wrongthink" in that place, certainly if it's in any way counter to Communism (and no, I don't mean "communism" to mean anyone favouring a welfare state, I mean literal red flag waving, Stalin praising communists).

• Advertisement

The last straw for me was someone posting Ireland should be like the Soviet Union and some guy downplaying Stalin's purges.

Yeah I was given a warning message and had all my comments disagreeing with a guy that the USSR was not some humanitarian utopia deleted. I wasn't even being abusive or anything, was simply backing myself up with historical facts. Not tolerated, they're mad idealogues.

It's their group, they set it up, they have total control over the content and why should they have to change just because it got popular? It's not a public service and unlike other places like Boards they don't have to cave to pay the bills
    Never even implied they should change it because it's popular - the hostility, snarkiness, intolerance could be dropped though, not exactly an unreasonable expectation. Of course their charter says something along the lines "Be nice to others". :pac:

There's cognitive dissonance going on here (as well as putting words in my mouth and an unfounded claim of rightwing outlook :p) because of agreeing with their views. The kind of behaviour I'm talking about isn't acceptable on any page. Imagine a right-wing page with people carrying on like that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

They do a good job over at ISF. But in general right-wing are just not funny.

Yeah I was given a warning message and had all my comments disagreeing with a guy that the USSR was not some humanitarian utopia deleted. I wasn't even being abusive or anything, was simply backing myself up with historical facts. Not tolerated, they're mad idealogues.
    I remember you! That was the point where I was gone.
    Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Who said they are funny? Criticism of ISF doesn't mean wanting a right-wing page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Ciaran_B wrote: »

Two bizarrely placed sentences with no real relationship between them.

• Advertisement

My favourite comedian is David Chappelle - a man who doesn't feel the need to nail his colours to any specific political mast. Why are people so obsessed with being one or the other - even when it comes to comedy!

The Simpsons itself was the same.

I remember you! That was the point where I was gone.

Haha no way, glad to hear their efforts to silence me alá uncle Josef weren't 100% effective :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

This thread is really rather odd and quite frankly I'd never heard of the ISF (makes it sound like some kind of freedom fighters).

Just popped back in to say I love the new thread title.

Thank you oh you anonymous mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Thanks for changing the title but this kind of mod dictatorship/bias is just confirming my point of what it's like

sexmag wrote: »
    Thanks for changing the title but this kind of mod dictatorship/bias is just confirming my point of what it's like

What you think this is a democracy?

Go have a look over in the prison forum with people languishing in their droves, being mocked and ridiculed by mods and admins alike (actually they stopped that and I'm still annoyed over it :()

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I find some of the mods ****ty too, got banned for a month because I wouldn't give in to some wanker on the political forum.
    He wouldn't tell me why he was banning me and not the person who insulted me.

A right prick he was, usual mangina, Blue pill male femminist.

I never had a problem with mods in afterhours or the personal forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

nthclare wrote: »
    I find some of the mods ****ty too, got banned for a month because I wouldn't give in to some wanker on the political forum.

A right prick he was, usual mangina, Blue pill male femminist.

I never had a problem with mods in afterhours or the personal forum....
    Admin note:
    Sitebanned for 1 month.
    Local mods - feel free to apply forum sanction as you deem necessary.

tHB

nthclare wrote: »

My guess would be Boards rule #3

(apologies if I somehow caused this tHB, my post was clearly (or so I thought) tongue in cheek)

Advertisement