Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

tretorn wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/radiographer-struck-off-after-court-hears-claims-he-engaged-in-sexual-acts-during-scans-at-kerry-hospital-878394.html

What an absolute creep, the patient was sixty years of age.

Is it not possible for people like this to keep their hands to themselves.

I am so glad I am not a woman living in India, this must be par for the course there. He probably is wondering what the fuss is about.

I wonder has he been deported.

Read with the terrifying knowledge that you know what you're going to read..... "native of India".

Simple answer ? No they can't.

Mod: Banned for racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Reporting in these cases is so bizarre. They start off with "engaged in sexual acts" and that he commented on her pussy. OK, definitely needs to be struck off for that.

Then you read further down to find out that he raped her. So there's probably something missing here; some reason that she didn't want to proceed with a full criminal case. But ****ing hell, talk about playing down the severity of what this guy did. He raped her.

Like the Indo the other week who initially titled a rape case a "row over sex" before changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Read with the terrifying knowledge that you know what you're going to read..... "native of India".

Simple answer ? No they can't.

Plenty of homegrown wierdos and deviants also. Take for instance that 80 year old from Cavan who was let off for rape the other day. And not forgetting all those Irish priests and Christian Brothers who went before them.

Don't know why nationality had to come into myself.

Jomin Jose was also alleged to have told the woman she had a "nice pussy".

This has to be a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

seamus wrote: »
    Reporting in these cases is so bizarre. They start off with "engaged in sexual acts" and that he commented on her pussy. OK, definitely needs to be struck off for that.

Then you read further down to find out that he raped her. So there's probably something missing here; some reason that she didn't want to proceed with a full criminal case. But ****ing hell, talk about playing down the severity of what this guy did. He raped her.

Like the Indo the other week who initially titled a rape case a "row over sex" before changing it.

It's mental.

You'd never know from the title that he actually sodomised a 60year old woman.
    The complaint alleged, while working as a radiographer on a date in September 2016, Mr Jose had engaged in sexual acts, including penetration by the penis of the anus, of a patient in his care, and digital and/or manual contact and/or rubbing of the genitals of the same patient.

Nor that he tried to justify it as a psychotic episode.
    Mr McDowell said a forensic psychiatrist had rejected claims by Mr Jose he was experiencing a "psychotic" episode at the time of the alleged events in the Bon Secours Hospital in Tralee on a date in September 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Struck off.....that's it?

No conviction? Sex offenders register? Fine? Harsh words even?

Just struck off....:confused:

wexie wrote: »
    Struck off.....that's it?

No conviction? Sex offenders register? Fine? Harsh words even?

Just struck off....:confused:

There’s no sex offenders register in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So he is banned for re registering for 7 years, so we will see him back working as a radiographer in 8 years ! grand so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Its not a joke.

He comes from a country where women are not safe on public transport or even outside their front door. He comes here and he does what he can do at home, God knows how many other patients he has molested, probably every female patient he has dealt with.

How can you even vet these people when women in their own countries wouldnt even make a complaint, there is no point because "its the culture".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

/\ Oh look, the xenophobes are in quickly

Can't AH just have a single thread for this stuff?

being struck off is one thing but surely this should be a criminal matter as well? No mention of the radiographer being arrested for sexual assault/rape

• Advertisement

RaichuMGS wrote: »
    There’s no sex offenders register in Ireland.

Or whatever the hell it's called.

Please tell me there's something, some form of mechanism to keep track of these things, registration with the gardai or whatever.

/\ Oh look, the xenophobes are in quickly

Can't AH just have a single thread for this stuff?

being struck off is one thing but surely this should be a criminal matter as well? No mention of the radiographer being arrested for sexual assault/rape

Either the victim didn’t press charges or he will be deported to be dealt with my local authorities.

Its not a joke.

He comes from a country where women are not safe on public transport or even outside their front door. He comes here and he does what he can do at home, God knows how many other patients he has molested, probably every female patient he has dealt with.

How can you even vet these people when women in their own countries wouldnt even make a complaint, there is no point because "its the culture".

Well they would be terrified to vet him as this would be "racist".

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yesto24

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Plenty of homegrown wierdos and deviants also. Take for instance that 80 year old from Cavan who was let off for rape the other day. And not forgetting all those Irish priests and Christian Brothers who went before them.

Don't know why nationality had to come into myself.

You have no idea why nationality was brought into it?
    Really?
    I can think of a few after just a few seconds and I am sure you could too.
    But no you had to go down the route of showing how tolerant you are and show what a wonderful human you are.
    Not at all like all those racists like me and the OP or the reporter or all others who think importing scum like the Indian in this case is a bad thing.

Or whatever the hell it's called.

Please tell me there's something, some form of mechanism to keep track of these things, registration with the gardai or whatever.

There is, you go down the local Garda Station and Sergeant O'Shaunaghessy
    takes it down in an old notebook and puts it aside.

Well they would be terrified to vet him as this would be "racist".

Which is right, as long as he didn't have any convictions you can't just go around assuming all Indians are molesters.

Once they've been caught doing something like this though...

But no....struck off....it's baffling

There is, you go down the local Garda Station and Sergeant O'Shaunaghessy
    takes it down in an old notebook and puts it aside.

Ah jayzus... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

seamus wrote: »

Isn't that what a lot of 'rapes' actually boil down to though?
    Party A thinks they are having sex.
    Party B thinks they are being raped.

Clearly there are many cases where Party A knows they are raping Party B, but excluding them a rape case is a dispute over sex?

Which is right, as long as he didn't have any convictions you can't just go around assuming all Indians are molesters.

Once they've been caught doing something like this though...

But no....struck off....it's baffling

No no , I'm not saying they should assume all Indians are molestors, they should though vet everybody.

My point is with POC because of pc bull****, they could be more reluctant to do a proper vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Disturbing case.
    But I have no idea why the comments are so racist - 40% plus of all Irish doctors are from abroad, and many of them are Indian, and the vast majority, bar the occasional scumbag like this man, do absolutely fantastic work. Any Indian doctor I have met in the system have been gentle folk, and expert at their jobs.
    Sexual abuse of patients happens, and the abusers can be any nationality.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I am so glad I am not a woman living in India, this must be par for the course there. He probably is wondering what the fuss is about.

:rolleyes:

Indian != rapist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is an incredibly odd story, and while clearly the guy is a menance to women I don't think we're getting even half the facts of this particular case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

So his actions were inappropriate to the point of being professional misconduct. Is that it? The way it reads in the news report, there was some form of consent from the woman that he needed to penetrate her and then it was the lie he told which negated the consent.

Advertisement