Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting over writing on interior wall?

Options
  • 13-07-2020 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭

Ok so wall previously had wallpaper on it, stripped it back to the plaster was clean and no writing visibe but when i painted it these initials are showing through, this pic was taken after 2 coats.

IMG-9891.jpg

Any tips on covering these initials, i wonder what they were wrote in to be invisible when i removed the wall paper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Prob done with wallpaper paste and you can't see it. You need to sand the area , seal it with a stain blocker ( shellac would prob be best) and paint again

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

If you put an "O" in the middle and an "E" on the end you will find the answer

Orbital sander and a P180 pad
    Followed by wipe down with sugar soap; leave overnight to dry before painting with an undercoat first
    Perhaps two coats of white acrylic first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Thanks for the feedback everyone, on closer inspection the problem was the paint was slow to dry on those areas (whatever the initials were done with it must have contaminated it in someway?) I left it over night and it improved a good bit, i touched up remaining bits with a brush this morning so we'll see how it goes. If i can get away with not having to sand and go again i'll be happy.

Advertisement