Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bed

Options
  • 06-07-2020 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Is it normal for a 5ft bed frame to be 40mm wider than the mattress to the point that the timber slats are clearly visible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Melbury

No it's not. UK and European sizes are different (e.g. UK king smaller than European king) so it's possible you have a european size bed and a uk size mattress. What width are the slats on the bed? Could also be that you've been given a faulty mattress - ie. too small. That happened to me once. I ordered a king mattress and it was too small for the bed. I complained and after much huffing and puffing by the supplier, they sent me out another one which fitted perfectly. ...So measure the mattress as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Is it normal for a 5ft bed frame to be 40mm wider than the mattress to the point that the timber slats are clearly visible?

Its common for the length as in head to toe of the bed to be 10cm (4"inch) longer than the uk/IRL mattress
    European mattress is 200cm long
    Ireland and uk mattress are 190cm long
    Theres a company whom manufacture a zip compartment to fit this space as saw in my thread here:

However the width as in from shoulder to shoulder should be the same regardless

Advertisement