Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black lives matters march

Options
  • 02-06-2020 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

PBP are having a protest in castlebar on Saturday at 2pm protesting against the USA using force to quell demonstrations incase people want to avoid the area. Should be interesting when the queue for Dunnes stores stretches as far as market Square.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

irishgeo wrote: »
    PBP are having a protest in castlebar on Saturday at 2pm protesting against the USA using force to quell demonstrations incase people want to avoid the area. Should be interesting when the queue for Dunnes stores stretches as far as market Square.
    United Against Racism are having a protest and PBP are hopping on the bandwagon

https://westernpeople.ie/2020/06/02/black-lives-matter-solidarity-vigil-taking-place-in-mayo-this-weekend/#.XtbGMajTU0M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Dudda wrote: »

Black Lives Matter, Irish Lives Don't!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like it is now the Mall at 15.00 on Saturday, will the Guards do anything seeing that it is right outside their doorstep and the protest will be breaking social distancing guidelines of gatherings of more than 4 people in a group.

EDIT - Looks like it has been canceled now.

Xenji wrote: »
    Looks like it is now the Mall at 15.00 on Saturday, will the Guards do anything seeing that it is right outside their doorstep and the protest will be breaking social distancing guidelines of gatherings of more than 4 people in a group.

It's cancelled.
    https://westernpeople.ie/2020/06/03/black-lives-matter-solidarity-vigil-cancelled/#.XtfGEzpKiUk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Wow, thats some way of deliberately misinterpreting something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Wow, thats some way of deliberately misinterpreting something

I didn't misinterpret anything. The protest was about the how Donald was going to be denying freedoms to the people because he was deploying the army. I took it directly from the PBP Facebook post.

It wasn't a protest about racism it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

How can they be having so many more protests after last week, sure their 14day quarantine period hasn't ended yet.

I didn't misinterpret anything. The protest was about the how Donald was going to be denying freedoms to the people because he was deploying the army. I took it directly from the PBP Facebook post.

It wasn't a protest about racism it seems.

Where exactly are PDP showing they were the ones organising this or where is that post? The PBP Mayo FB page had nothing, the website had nothing, their Castlebar candidate Joe Daly had nothing on FB or Twitter and the local newspaper website never mentioned them which clearly states it was organised by another group. I can't find anything.

Dudda wrote: »
    Where exactly are PDP showing they were the ones organising this or where is that post? The PBP Mayo FB page had nothing, the website had nothing, their Castlebar candidate Joe Daly had nothing on FB or Twitter and the local newspaper website never mentioned them which clearly states it was organised by another group. I can't find anything.

This too, i didn't see anything and afaik it wanst even organised by PBP, its some group called United Against Racism though im sure irishgeo can enlighten us?

This too, i didn't see anything and afaik it wanst even organised by PBP, its some group called United Against Racism though im sure irishgeo can enlighten us?

It was shared on Facebook and it was linked to the PBP page.
    It seems to have disappeared.

• Advertisement

What exactly does this mean?
    It was shared on Facebook and it was linked to the PBP page.

Somebody shared a link to a PBP post about it?? :confused:

What exactly does this mean?

Somebody shared a link to a PBP post about it?? :confused:

Yes and it had a list of marches they were supporting and castlebar was one.

Found the post.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?fs=8&sid=2989711797786994&refid=52&__tn__=J*W-R

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Advertisement