Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path on Croagh Patrick

Options
  • 15-05-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Mayo Advertiser, Tue, Feb 25, 2020
    https://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/article/113274/480000-to-repair-and-restore-pilgrim-path-on-croagh-patrick
    €480,000 to repair and restore Pilgrim Path on Croagh Patrick
    Mr Michael Ring TD, the Minister for Rural and Community Development, has confirmed that he has approved €480,000 in funding to support sustainable access works and habitat restoration on Croagh Patrick.

I missed this in Febrary and I don't think the Mayo News mentioned it at all.
    Badly needed, and will get great all round.
    Half a million doesn't seem that much money for a project like this.

Anyone have any news when it's going to start?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

RogerThis wrote: »
    I missed this in Febrary and I don't think the Mayo News mentioned it at all.

Pretty sure they did, I remember reading about it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

i've seen it a few times in different places,
    from what i remember the 480k is one stage of a grant , but thinking about it the materials to be used are the existing stone / rock thats there, so cost is mostly labour ( outside of the usual consultants costs ) 480k pays for a lot of labour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Climbed Croagh Patrick today.

Quite a while since I've done it and I was shocked with the degree to which the pathway had deteriorated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

seligehgit wrote: »
    Climbed Croagh Patrick today.

Quite a while since I've done it and I was shocked with the degree to which the pathway had deteriorated.

Same didi it last week and I've been up and down that hill a fair few times over the last 20 years. Last week was the first time where I'd say it's a difficult climb towards the top. Works badly needed.

Advertisement