Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help turning off water in apartment

• 09-05-2019 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I’m doing a kitchen renovation and I’ve got the whole kitchen pulled out except the sink. I can’t figure out how to turn off the cold water supply to the kitchen tap.

In the hot press where the emersion is I’ve turned off the two red valves. The hot and cold water flow stops to the bathroom and the hot water flow stops to the kitchen but the cold keeps flowing to the kitchen.

I’d really appreciate it if some could explain how to turn off the cold. Could it just be a matter of letting the tank drain after I’ve turned the valves off? It’s the first time I’ve ever done this so I’m being very cautious.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

In most apartments the cold mains water isolation valve is usually located in one of two places. It's either under the kitchen sink or it's in where the water storage tank is.
    If you still cannot find it, contact the management company of the development and they should be able to help you.
    It looks like this..

72682.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SinSim2

K.Flyer wrote: »
    In most apartments the cold mains water isolation valve is usually located in one of two places. It's either under the kitchen sink or it's in where the water storage tank is.
    If you still cannot find it, contact the management company of the development and they should be able to help you.
    It looks like this..

72682.jpg

Thanks for the reply. It’s definitely not under the sink but as you said there’s a tap/valve the same as in the photo in my hot press. So in theory that should turn of the cold water to the kitchen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

The bathroom cold turns off because it's fed from a tank.

Kitchen cold would be mains water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

SinSim2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. It’s definitely not under the sink but as you said there’s a tap/valve the same as in the photo in my hot press. So in theory that should turn of the cold water to the kitchen?

Yes, thats the one. But.. it also turns off the water filling your water storage tank.
    My advice is to ensure water is off to the kitchen tap, disconnect and fit isolation lever valves to the pipes. This will allow you to turn back on all your other valves so that you have water supply to your bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SinSim2

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Yes, thats the one. But.. it also turns off the water filling your water storage tank.
    My advice is to ensure water is off to the kitchen tap, disconnect and fit isolation lever valves to the pipes. This will allow you to turn back on all your other valves so that you have water supply to your bathroom.

ðŸ‘ðŸ». I’ll do that.That way I’ll also be able to easily turn off and on the water supply in the kitchen. Thanks. I may be back for some more advice 😬

• Advertisement
Advertisement