Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a clutch problem on my zetor?

Options
  • 14-04-2019 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

When I accelerate, it can take a few seconds for there to be a noticeable increase in speed. I am wondering if the clutch is the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

Gorteen wrote: »
    When I accelerate, it can take a few seconds for there to be a noticeable increase in speed. I am wondering if the clutch is the issue?

Are the engine revs increasing when you accelerate?
    What model zetor is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Are the engine revs increasing when you accelerate?
    What model zetor is it ?

Yes, the engine revs slightly and then a couple of seconds later speed increases. I've only had it a month or so and this may be normal. It's a 1992 Zetor 7011

Yes, the engine revs slightly and then a couple of seconds later speed increases. I've only had it a month or so and this may be normal. It's a 1992 Zetor 7011

Yes that sounds like the clutch is slipping. Are you sure it's a 7011? They were produced from about '81 to '84. The 7211 was it's replacement and was in production up until '93.

Yes that sounds like the clutch is slipping. Are you sure it's a 7011? They were produced from about '81 to '84. The 7211 was it's replacement and was in production up until '93.

Yes, it's a 7011

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭selfdiy

Sounds like the clutch, is the clutch high, ie when you only press it a small bit does it disengage, if so it needs replacing.

Clutch replacement is not hard or a big job on those.

• Advertisement

selfdiy wrote: »
    Sounds like the clutch, is the clutch high, ie when you only press it a small bit does it disengage, if so it needs replacing.

Clutch replacement is not hard or a big job on those.

Are we talking hundreds or thousands???

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭selfdiy

Are we talking hundreds or thousands???

In parts not that much, if it just needs a new disk probably less than 150 in parts.

About a days labour to fit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭emaherx

selfdiy wrote: »
    In parts not that much, if it just needs a new disk probably less than 150 in parts.

About a days labour to fit it.

Wouldn't be up on Zetors but is there any adjuster that the OP should look at before worrying about replacing parts?

Usually adjust MF clutches several times before even considering any replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Does the tractor have multipower.
    On the crystals the torque bands can slip

9935452 wrote: »
    Does the tractor have multipower.
    On the crystals the torque bands can slip

It's a ur1 model. 10x2 box in the 7011.

• Advertisement
Advertisement