Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RopeDrink wrote: »
    It's a sad day when you can't create anything without it being hailed as an example of your own character. Games, books, movies, everything gets put under a microscope and any hint of anything is then ballooned into "OH SO THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK, EH?!" and the magical power of everyone getting offended begins.

As for this game, loved the original - but I'm too old and wise now to just throw them <100e without even knowing what to expect from a sequel in return. I'll keep my eye on it but the nostalgia and joy of the original won't squeeze money out of me so easily, nor will it make me look too hard. I'm sure we've all been burned too many times regardless of publisher/creator these days. Still, if they wow me then they can have all my wallet. We'll see.

EDIT:

A love letter to VMBL. The over-blown narrative/intro as to what constitutes 'role playing' ends at 4:30. Those who are familiar with the game will get it - those who haven't the faintest idea about Bloodlines might learn a little something, but is a bit too meaty if you just want a quick and dirty review.

I know this joke is old now, but... Bloodlines still has better facial animations than Andromeda (and I say that as someone who liked Andromeda) :P

That's a great video, thanks for that, would love to play again but my potato of a laptop couldn't play even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this news came out of no where and has me so excited :D but then on the fist post i see dlc bull**** :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as Ropedrink says about jumping in early I will hold off to see what it is like first as I loved the first game and replayed it there a few years ago with the fan patches but it still looked janky.
    It can be pre-ordered for about €40 on the usual grey sites so will hold off till closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

In other news the Senior Writer is former Journo Cara Ellison, she who started the moral panic about Hotline Miami 2s non-rape rape scene.

That bodes well....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't think I've played the original, but I've played several WoD tabletop RPG's and so the world seems quite interesting. Might have to pick up the original and give it a run through to see what all the fuss is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Shiminay wrote: »
    I don't think I've played the original, but I've played several WoD tabletop RPG's and so the world seems quite interesting. Might have to pick up the original and give it a run through to see what all the fuss is about.

Definitely a good idea. They capture the tone of the tabletop very impressively, and there are nods to the jyhad

It's €4.49 on GoG's sale atm so it'd be rude not to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Shiminay wrote: »
    Buggy as hell but still worth playing.

oddly enough just got the VtM 5th edition rule book and will be starting a campaign nearly 20years after first playing it :)

Well all conventional wisdom says to install the Unofficial Patch which I did before starting. I've never been too particularly fussed about how a thing looks as long as it's clear what's what. It runs ok and whilst it's clearly showing its age, it's more than adequate for playing through, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So there's another world of darkness vampire game announced "Vampire The Masquerade" in addition to this now.

Publisher Bigben Interactive
    Developer Big Bad Wolf (The Council)

More details at gamescom at the end of august.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So that's two Vampire: The Masquerade games, and Werewolf: The Apocalypse all in development!

People were worried what clans would and wouldn't be in this, some comments made that it'd be limited.

Malkavians got announced today. Just Gangrel and Nosferatu from the last game that haven't been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I was a big fan of the original and for anyone that still hasn't played it you should as it still holds up.
    The biggest, and best factor, of the game is the atmosphere. From roaming the dark streets of LA to this awesome background soundtrack that plays. It's a shame the game didn't sell more. But it released the same month as Halo 2, Half Life 2 and MGS3 so go figure.

The sequel does look very promising however. This time set in Seattle but taking a lot of the beats from the first game. In truth, you'll probably find out that this game is more of an updated version than a sequel but that's not a bad thing.

Really happy this is getting a switch release too. Would have been better if it got an xbox one release tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

18 minutes of gameplay footages. Apparently it was an IGN journalist playing, but they really should have showcased someone else, anyone else!

Burgo wrote: »

18 minutes of gameplay footages. Apparently it was an IGN journalist playing, but they really should have showcased someone else, anyone else!

Hard to tell if the combat is total pants or if it just looks like it is because its a games journo playing :D

That' said the switch to third person for certain moves is a really bad sign to me

The dialogue and voice acting are both really flat and pedestrian compared to the original

Environments look good

I had to stop when he got to the combat, was painful to watch.

Either the combat and controls are really bad or the journo is, and I quote a youtube comment, " playing using a steering wheel."

Saw on their own site someone commented "Right Stick. The most lethal enemy known to vampire."

Apparently it was one of the Devs playing, few sites have it with little difference of character appearance and skills/clan. So some dev running through it again and a again with each person/group. Same poor control either way.

Wow that's some last gen control then, at least they have until spring to tighten them up.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wow that's some last gen control then, at least they have until spring to tighten them up.

Says it's more the person rather than the game.

Unless they're moving slowly like that to stop tearing or frame drops.

I've watched a couple of minutes of one of those videos and it looks terrible, who on earth thought it was a good idea to release that?

Also: we may not see the Gangrel clan in the game because the wrestler of the same name now owns the rights to it :)https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-free-white-wolf-gangrel-now-owns-his-name Seems like there was a messy over and back in the courts with this.

• Advertisement

Judge rules it was specific, not general usage.

Trademarks all still in effect and renewed this year, you want gangrel in your RPG you write a cheque to White Wolf but if you want dietary pills then you need the wrestler one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Varik wrote: »

Fascinating: if you look closely you will see that they've hacked in a solution to the earlier apalling combat incompetence: the game locks on to opponents in close quarters combat now. No way that's part of their roadmap - it would be deeply unpleasant to play in first person; I wager anything they saw the awful reaction to the last video and whipped up this build for damage control.

The build number in the top left is the same so maybe it's just a setting that was enabled, I dunno, but something funky is going on.

I think I'll ignore this game for now and see what the story is in six months.

Most of the videos would have been captured around same time for each site, doubt they changed anything just overly strong auto aim on controller. Seems weaker on guns and non existent on some of the powers.

Also for the werewolf game, main character is called cahal from the Fianna tribe, they're will be vampires and probably a lot of bad accents and pronunciations

Subtitles on and dialogue audio off maybe.

Varik wrote: »
    Most of the videos would have been captured around same time for each site, doubt they changed anything just overly strong auto aim on controller. Seems weaker on guns and non existent on some of the powers.

Also for the werewolf game, main character is called cahal from the Fianna tribe, they're will be vampires and probably a lot of bad accents and pronunciations

Subtitles on and dialogue audio off maybe.

That French company that are making the Werewolf game don't look like they're any great shakes. Expect Garbage Tier gameplay.

Bambi wrote: »
    That French company that are making the Werewolf game don't look like they're any great shakes. Expect Garbage Tier gameplay.

Not saying it'll be good or great, but they made the styx games and the original of orcs game. Probably the least compliment I can give but they seem competent.

:pac:
    From Paradox Community Lead: "Hey people, I got some precisions from our team in LA about the setup of the press demo you've seen shared since this morning (full gameplay demo of ~20 min). Those demos are hands-off, it's a Paradox person playing the game, the journalist is making the decisions like choosing the thinblood discipline or dialog options, but not holding the pad (despite some claims I've seen that people actually played the game). I'll ask you to assume all lack of skills or bad melee gameplay is caused by our team on the floor of E3 being super exhausted :)
    On a more serious note, as soon as we have time to do and publish one, we'll have our own clean recording of the demo shared on the official accounts, and we promise it'll be played by someone who's good at punching people while remaining in front of them :D"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Original was a great game; one of the greatest I’ve played in fact.

Can’t imagine the sequel will come close to matching it but will probably end up getting it nonetheless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not surprising really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

A while off being as bad as the Cyberpunk lads but they're getting there.

Advertisement