Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 1/2 ton truck electrical problem

Options
  • 27-02-2019 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

Daewoo Avia 02 3.9 cummins engine

Getting this ready for DOE and just done all the work finishing off with kingpin change

Had the deadman switched off while doing the work and then let down the cab and switched the deadman back on and it automatically switched on with all dash lights ready to start before I got to turn on the key.

Started it from there and tried to switch it off but would not go off,unplugged the altenator and still wont switch off.
    Deadman wouldn't switch it off either.

Had the altenator checked and its fine.
    The only way I could switch it off was by pulling a large green fuse at the battery box.
    We have ran a wire from this fuse to the cab with a switch for the moment so I have to turn off this switch to stop the engine and then turn the deadman to switch all the lights off.

Small orange advisory light on the whole time while driving which I assume is related.

Anyone with any ideas for a fix on this so I can get it in for the test?

Advertisement