Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Penn wrote: »
    I was the same. It was bad enough with how much they stretched out Desmonds story (particularly the complete "We need to stall them for another game" that was his story in Revelations) and how poorly it ended. But the modern day story in Black Flag was just such absolute bullsh*t.

Yeah, although I must admit, the ending to Revelations was quite emotional. There was something bittersweet about:
    Ezio finding Altair's body and also dying there (iirc!)

I think Origins is a soft reboot to prepare for a new series of Assassin's Creed titles. However, I feel the game will flop and that will be the end of the brand for a few years, not too dissimilar to Mass Effect. Not to worry though, UbiSoft will bring back Splinter Cell to fill the void :D

...and so the cycle continues! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Unity is also fine now after patches, it's actually a really good game.

Yes I really enjoyed unity, being in France during the revolution was really cool!
    Falthyron wrote: »
    However, I feel the game will flop .

Nooooo you're wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yes I really enjoyed unity, being in France during the revolution was really cool!

Nooooo you're wrong!

I just want the series to live long enough so that we get one set in 1916-1921 Ireland. One of the Ubi top dogs, Darby McDevitt (his parents obviously hated him when they had to give him a name :pac:) is on record saying he'd love to make a game set in that period, so there's hope. He also said he wanted to set a game in China based on Shao Jun and that ended up only being a Chronicles iteration, so that's probably not a great sign. It's a perfect setting though IMO, and they already laid the foundation with a little easter egg at the start of Unity.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I just want the series to live long enough so that we get one set in 1916-1921 Ireland. One of the Ubi top dogs, Darby McDevitt (his parents obviously hated him when they had to give him a name :pac:) is on record saying he'd love to make a game set in that period, so there's hope. He also said he wanted to set a game in China based on Shao Jun and that ended up only being a Chronicles iteration, so that's probably not a great sign. It's a perfect setting though IMO, and they already laid the foundation with a little easter egg at the start of Unity.

Didn't Assassin's Creed: Rogue have an 'oirish' main character though? I reckon that game will have ticked the Irish edition box.

I think Assassin's Creed has stymied the development of new Splinter Cell games so for that reason only, I want it to die. :pac: Bring back Sam Fisher and more importantly, Michael Ironside! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Didn't Assassin's Creed: Rogue have an 'oirish' main character though? I reckon that game will have ticked the Irish edition box.

I think Assassin's Creed has stymied the development of new Splinter Cell games so for that reason only, I want it to die. :pac: Bring back Sam Fisher and more importantly, Michael Ironside! :D

Can't count that game at all, anything that's released as an exclusive on a last gen console when the new gen is at least 6 months old shouldn't be regarded as canon. It's a very odd and specific rule I use, mainly to beat Rogue with a stick. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Am all ready and waiting for release now, least day 1 update isnt big like previous additions to the series :)
    Or at least it's not meant to be a big day 1 update ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Am all ready and waiting for release now, least day 1 update isnt big like previous additions to the series :)
    Or at least it's not meant to be a big day 1 update ;)

How big is it do you know?

How big is it do you know?

1.5 gig for all platforms ( or less )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yeah, although I must admit, the ending to Revelations was quite emotional. There was something bittersweet about:
    Ezio finding Altair's body and also dying there (iirc!)
    Fear not!
    Ezio's rather sedate end is covered in the animated film, Embers

Not liking what you guys are saying about the modern day changes though. The treatment in Black Flag with just brief encounters with
    Shaun, Rebecca and Juno
    so far have been underwhelming, I can't imagine how they could make the future ones less relevant. :(

I did get a chuckle from one of the documents retrieved from another employees Animus terminal though. Each of the settings for the future games are listed in the Abstergo files within, I'm assuming they haven't been a surprise for folk more up to date on the series?

gizmo wrote: »
    Not liking what you guys are saying about the modern day changes though. The treatment in Black Flag with just brief encounters with
    Shaun, Rebecca and Juno
    so far have been underwhelming, I can't imagine how they could make the future ones less relevant. :(

I'm pretty sure the modern day setting was dropped after Black Flag. Actually, here is an article on it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-27-future-assassins-creed-games-will-have-more-robust-modern-day-than-unity

I can't comment on Syndicate as I never played Unity or Syndicate, but maybe someone here can? Does the modern day setting return to Syndicate in a substantial manner? Or is it covered through some cut-scenes like in Unity?

• Advertisement

Fear not!
    Ezio's rather sedate end is covered in the animated film, Embers

Before I go looking for this (presumably on YouTube) is this official canon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm pretty sure the modern day setting was dropped after Black Flag. Actually, here is an article on it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-27-future-assassins-creed-games-will-have-more-robust-modern-day-than-unity

I can't comment on Syndicate as I never played Unity or Syndicate, but maybe someone here can? Does the modern day setting return to Syndicate in a substantial manner? Or is it covered through some cut-scenes like in Unity?

Yeah it's on Syndicate but it's a combination of the generic initiate storyline where you're mining information and then there's some scenes with Shaun and Rebecca looking for the Turin Shroud.

All cutscenes though if I remember correctly.

Before I go looking for this (presumably on YouTube) is this official canon?

Yep it is canon :)

If you were interested in story I vaguely recall the Juno bits being the only reason to play Unity or Syndicate and even then you were better off reading the wiki as they did a much better job explaining them than the game did. I need to re-read those.

2 hours in, quite enjoyable, it does look sweet alright, kind of refreshing feel to it too, or maybe it's just me :P

Same here. Really enjoying it, finding it fresh but familiar all at the same time. In a really good way.

So far I can't disagree with the positive reviews, this is a great game (so far).

Played about hour so far, loving it, its a really pretty game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think this is the first time i've heard people say they liked the modern day stuff. It's one thing to like the Desmond arc, as that was some attempt at a story, but the black flag stuff was bull****. I thought it was universally hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kiith wrote: »
    I think this is the first time i've heard people say they liked the modern day stuff. It's one thing to like the Desmond arc, as that was some attempt at a story, but the black flag stuff was bull****. I thought it was universally hated.
    The Black Flag stuff is bull****, I was lamenting the fact it could get worse going forward.
    I think I've been dragged out of the Animus three times so far with the only things of note happening in the first two trips being bumping into Shaun and Rebecca and finding the "Sample 17" report. The last one was where you met Juno which is then followed by the terrible hacker voice actor expressing disbelief that she didn't assimilate me? Something I only know is really partially possible because I've collected all of the Bottle Messages in-game.

Actually, are spoiler tags necessary for a four year old game in a thread about the latest iteration in the series? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The Black Flag stuff is bull****, I was lamenting the fact it could get worse going forward.
    I think I've been dragged out of the Animus three times so far with the only things of note happening in the first two trips being bumping into Shaun and Rebecca and finding the "Sample 17" report. The last one was where you met Juno which is then followed by the terrible hacker voice actor expressing disbelief that she didn't assimilate me? Something I only know is really partially possible because I've collected all of the Bottle Messages in-game.

Actually, are spoiler tags necessary for a four year old game in a thread about the latest iteration in the series? :P

Yep, still haven’t finished it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

my ram died so il have to wait :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lone Stone wrote: »
    my ram died so il have to wait :(

Just get the bus man, we stopped using rams a long time ago :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    Just get the bus man, we stopped using rams a long time ago :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was able to get a code on press-start last night for xbox, so i cancelled the amazon order.
    Playing away right now :)

Couple of hours in! Combat is hard, but more rewarding.
    Game looks gorgeous on One S, I can't wait to see what it looks like on One X :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I was able to get a code on press-start last night for xbox, so i cancelled the amazon order.
    Playing away right now :)

Couple of hours in! Combat is hard, but more rewarding.
    Game looks gorgeous on One S, I can't wait to see what it looks like on One X :D

Really likeing the combat in this one, the first tutorial fight was really fun!

The combat was bit tricky at start but once get used to it, it's quite smooth, just reached level 10, plenty of bits to do around the game outside of the main story

If my friends list on Xbox is anything to go by this is selling well. 17 people playing it. Anecdotal I know but even the likes of Destiny 2 or Fifa etc didn't have those numbers on my list day 1

Very enjoyable game so far anyway.

Got a deluxe edition and it had the soundtrack and a map with it , I'm 30 some years of age and even I don't want a plastic disc and a piece of paper give me a code and a pdf ffs so my 3 year old can have a few more years on this planet :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there any kind of base building in this like the villa in Brotherhood?

Advertisement