Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of rain 2

Options
  • 16-04-2019 5:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone playing this?
    Picked it up over the weekend after two of my oldschool wow and diablo friends recommended it.
    Its in early access but it really is gameplay genius at its best.
    Reviews are up to overwhelmingly positive on steam.
    I cant stop playing it, already got more than moneys worth in a couple of days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It's good fun alright. Got lucky with a few drops on a run a few days ago and went on a complete rampage, unlocked the Mercenary as a result.

Got several drops that did bleed, burn damage, enemies explode when killed, damaging other enemies. Coupled all this with heal on damage and the black hole special, I would pull a load of enemies into the bosses and then kill them to do massive damage to the boss. Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was doing well and got the Brittle Crown :(

**** that item, seriously **** that item!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I've be intrigued by it but cannot justify buying another new game at the moment as I have so many still waiting to be booted for the first time. I do love rogue like games though and co-up.

Its a very good game with little or no depth but has massive amounts of depth :D

That can only be explained when you play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its a very good game with little or no depth but has massive amounts of depth :D

That can only be explained when you play it.

haha sums it up pretty well actually.

Absolute genius gameplay, if it had some form of permanent progression system id enjoy it all the more.
    Not sure how you would add such progression in a rogue like game though?

• Advertisement

New area and character next week.

https://twitter.com/RiskofRain/status/1142151463826808834

I would like some more interaction within the levels, like whats behind those doors in the desert!! And when playing with others be able see how many drones are mine/theirs etc

Have they made the exit gates any easier to find? So frustrating wandering the map if you can't find them

Have they made the exit gates any easier to find? So frustrating wandering the map if you can't find them

Thats kinda the point tbh

I dont mind that, also when you find it you can mark it.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Thats kinda the point tbh

I dont mind that, also when you find it you can mark it.

Being unable to find it at all shouldn't be a feature. This sequel is almost identical to the first except its 3D. It's more difficult to spot the exit and more difficult to systematically search the map in 3D. I eventually gave up after trekking the whole map three times over. If you do a bit of go ogling, it's a common complaint. It does need to be tweaked from a few months back.

Being unable to find it at all shouldn't be a feature. This sequel is almost identical to the first except its 3D. It's more difficult to spot the exit and more difficult to systematically search the map in 3D. I eventually gave up after trekking the whole map three times over. If you do a bit of go ogling, it's a common complaint. It does need to be tweaked from a few months back.

Disagree i like it how it is.

You make the choice to get power ups or search for the exit. Find its a perfect blend of gaming.

The ones complaining on reddit want to be superpowered from the get go for their hard mode runs, not a place I would listen to opinions on.

• Advertisement

It's one thing going around trying to collect items. It's another thing being completely unable to find the exit.

Advertisement