Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Just put this back together out of the bike box so still have Gran Canaria friendly climbing gears on it, but it’s looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

NAHBS-2019-Low-Bicycles-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

saw their frames, their nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

As per magicbastarder‘s request. Sorry about the poor photos.

My new gravel bike. Ragley Trig v1.0 Adventure.

475860.jpg
    475848.jpeg
    475849.jpeg
    475850.jpeg
    475851.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that is tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Niiiice.

As I’ll be using it for committing too I put on sks chromoplastic mudguards. It now belongs in the ugly bike thread :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

As I’ll be using it for committing too I put on sks chromoplastic mudguards. It now belongs in the ugly bike thread :(

Just buy some spare clothes to carry with you, far better solution :p

Jez you were right when you said the stock photos didn't do it justice.

Whats that you've got on the chainstay there, some kind of cover??

• Advertisement

Jez you were right when you said the stock photos didn't do it justice.

Whats that you've got on the chainstay there, some kind of cover??

Kevlar chainstay protector. Came on the bike but I don’t know if I’ll keep it on for commuting. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/ragley-kevlar-chainstay-protector/rp-prod122086

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

Picked up this the other day
    2017 frame built last October with Di2, stages LH power meter, Reynolds carbon wheels.

A nice step up from the old roadie I had..

480498.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

How do find getting tyres on/off the reynolds? Bloody mare!

fat bloke wrote: »

I’ve read that since I bought the bike. I’ll have to do a trial at home soon before I get caught at the side of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Slideways wrote: »
    I’ve read that since I bought the bike. I’ll have to do a trial at home soon before I get caught at the side of the road

It's the first time ever, it actually failed me get a tyre off. Managed the front despite breaking two tyre levers, but couldn't do the rear. -My plan is to get them set up tubeless to see if they would go on easier, or at the very least mean far fewer reasons to remove the tyres at all.

Did a trial the other day. Yup, they are a pig. ended up using a tea spoon to get the bead to seperate. Once the bead sepreated from the wheel they came off without too much of a drama and they are gatorskins so not exactly light weight tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's the first time ever, it actually failed me get a tyre off. Managed the front despite breaking two tyre levers, but couldn't do the rear. -My plan is to get them set up tubeless to see if they would go on easier, or at the very least mean far fewer reasons to remove the tyres at all.

Does the usual trick of starting on the opposite side to the valve when removing the tube off the bead work?

Then when putting the tyre on make sure to mount the section where the valve is last and the most important thing is to make sure all the tyre that you have lifted onto the rim is sitting in the centre channel on both sides. Once that is done correctly the last bit should lift over without too much effort.

I don't have Reynolds wheels but followed a guide for those wheels when I was unsure after getting tubeless ready carbon clinchers.

There should be no need for levers but I do know Reynolds are known to be extra tricky.

My new third hand Planet X Exocet. Hopefully it’ll help me go fast on a budget!

C3441-D05-D1-C6-4-B42-ADE8-5-C766-FEC4566.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I dont think it's specific to Reynolds, all of the tubeless ready wheels have a much tighter tiolerance on the bead to create the airtight seal. I punctured my conti gp4000 with prime tubeless ready wheels, and they were an absolute pain to get tyre off and on. Same with the Vision wheels that came with the bike. Good tyre levers are a neccessity!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Miklos wrote: »
    My new third hand Planet X Exocet. Hopefully it’ll help me go fast on a budget!
    Congratulations for fitting your decking the right way up. Tragically rare.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Congratulations for fitting your decking the right way up. Tragically rare.

I'm afraid all credit must be given to the previous owners of the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Took the day off to finish this. Still a few things to do - need to flip the stem and add mudguards for all weather duty. Think it looks great.
    2nd hand Condor Fratello frameset, ultegra groupset, superstar pave 28 rims with DT Swiss 350 hubs.

Took the day off to finish this. Still a few things to do - need to flip the stem and add mudguards for all weather duty. Think it looks great.
    2nd hand Condor Fratello frameset, ultegra groupset, superstar pave 28 rims with DT Swiss 350 hubs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

No pics?

No pics?

One in 2nd post, didn’t attach to first as file size too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

A Colnago C64 in Mapei colours.

481946.jpg
    It's now a thing......

Where's me piggy bank gone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Miklos wrote: »
    I'm afraid all credit must be given to the previous owners of the house!

Are the grooves meant to be underneath?

Feck, is that why they are always so slippy when wet?

Learn something new each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    A Colnago C64 in Mapei colours.

It's now a thing......

Where's me piggy bank gone.....

Stunning. For pure fantasy what would you build it up with? Groupset, wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Finnrocco wrote: »
    Are the grooves meant to be underneath?

Feck, is that why they are always so slippy when wet?

Learn something new each day.

For most, they can be installed either way, but grooves facing up provides more crevices for mould and mildew growth and also reduces surface contact area with footwear leading to them being significantly slippier.

But it is the difference between a slippy thing and a very slippy thing at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Stunning. For pure fantasy what would you build it up with? Groupset, wheels?

Since we're already in Fantasyland.......Campag Bora35's and Record RPS.

When I win the lotto....

Advertisement