Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think as we continue mentally evolving anything is possible really.. People watching is so very interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

People watching is enjoyable. I do it a lot as I don't have any people to be with myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I still do it when i'm with others sometimes. Can't help myself :o Luckily my friends know what i'm like..

"Friends". An interesting concept and a great tv show.

It's a strange one, they very much come and go for some of us.. Other people are still best mates with kids they were born with.. I know no one from my teens back..

• Advertisement

I don't know if I have any friends

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I don't know if I have any friends

Ah Shpud :( I remember you made a lovely post a few weeks back along the lines of being thankful to have such a good friend in your life.

Ah Shpud :( I remember you made a lovely post a few weeks back along the lines of being thankful to have such a good friend in your life.

Yeah but are they really friends? Like when you are my age do you have friends or are they just people you get on with because you see them 5 days a week?

Yeah but are they really friends? Like when you are my age do you have friends or are they just people you get on with because you see them 5 days a week?

I'm not sure age comes in to it. Friendships can very in their intensity depending on age but good friends are to be found in all stages of life. When I was 18 I had best friends who I saw a lot and who I genuinely wanted to been around.

Don't look for negativity when there isn't any Shpud. If you're having difficulty with your relationships then of course that's hard but really just enjoy the people in your life.

I'm not sure age comes in to it. Friendships can very in their intensity depending on age but good friends are to be found in all stages of life. When I was 18 I had best friends who I saw a lot and who I genuinely wanted to been around.

Don't look for negativity when there isn't any Shpud. If you're having difficulty with your relationships then of course that's hard but really just enjoy the people in your life.
    I don't think I'm looking for negativity.

• Advertisement

I don't think I'm looking for negativity.

Then see those people who you spend five days a week with and get along with as friends :)

Then see those people who you spend five days a week with and get along with as friends :)

Oh I can do that and all but still can't shrug off the loneliness :(

Loneliness is an awful thing. You are in a crowded room, you're with people who you love, and still can feel lonely. I think it might come from a kind of disconnect or feeling like you don't belong.

It might be no harm to mention it to your counsellor Shpud. Remember that lots of people feel similar to you x

Loneliness is an awful thing. You are in a crowded room, you're with people who you love, and still can feel lonely. I think it might come from a kind of disconnect or feeling like you don't belong.

It might be no harm to mention it to your counsellor Shpud. Remember that lots of people feel similar to you x

Yeah that's how I felt last night even though every one was around I felt super lonely.

I've got it all written down in my diary to show her. I really went to town on my fears and worries last night.

Happy Monday :rolleyes:

That managed to sneak right up on me!.

Same here. The weekend flew.

Last night crawled for me, tonight i can't believe i'm already four hours in..

It was a long one for me too. Got a terrible headache too.

Ergh i HATE headaches, it seems to be the one pain i cannot touch or comprehend

• Advertisement

It's not even the pain that gets me it's just an inconvenience like I'll have to put away my phone when I have one.

Yeah screens and light are woeful then..

Yeah I hate using my phone in the dark.

I'm a darkness fiend. :D

I prefer the darkness because it matches my soul.

Spoken like a true goth ;)

I was told you can see the pain in my eyes so I may as well embrace it at this stage.

Wow, got told that a few years back too. Bit more obvious these days with twitches at times and stuff. We could be related Shpud :P

Imagine Christmas if we were related...

• Advertisement

At least it's at the darkest time of the year....

Ah yes winter. When I go to school in darkness, come home in the darkness and live my life in the darkness.

When i take my vitamin D.

Good girl G. Make sure you always get the D.

Hah nice!!

I try.

• Advertisement

What you got happening tomorrow?. (today even)

8 hours in school that I'm not looking forward too.

None of the classes appeal even?.

Business and history but that's about it.

You'll get through man.

• Advertisement

Just two more days and the parent teacher meetings will be over and I can stop trying.

Oh that time of year :eek:

For me at least. Worried enough about them although I know I'll get a good review from some teachers.

Once nowt too bad is said..

I'm afraid of something bad though. What if one of my teachers really doesn't like me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I used to hate parent teacher meetings. Always knew that my attendance (or lack of :o) would come up

Have you any new teachers since the last meeting Shpud?

Heyo Kitty

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I used to hate parent teacher meetings. Always knew that my attendance (or lack of :o) would come up

I literally haven't called home early at all this year nor have I missed any days and I'm still worried it will be mentioned.

Have you any new teachers since the last meeting Shpud?

Heyo Kitty

3 new ones

3 new ones

Once you are attending and trying most of them aren't too bad. Why would they drag unnecessary hassle on themselves with a bad report.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement