Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A4 non oem wings

• 12-08-2020 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any experience with the above?
    It's a 2004 A4, both front arches starting to bubble as they do.
    Audi want 315 each but non oem can be got a lot cheaper, just a bit worried about fitment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭mk7r

Never buy a non OEM body panel, they just don't fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A breakers would be a better option, particularly if you can get same colour it might night require a respray should be near enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Had a quick look and any I came across were bubbling also, very common problem.

I'd buy the oem ones as a last option but if someone had experience of good non oem ones I'd be interested to hear. See some for like 30 and 40 a pop, could be worth a shot to see how it fits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Doesn't make any economical sense to buy OEM parts from Audi for that sort of money being quoted as you would probably buy another 2004 A4 for less than what it will cost to replace and paint them.

Maybe have a look on the donedeal crashed/repaired section for a donor car? Non OEM body panels are hit and miss around proper fitment.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Doesn't make any economical sense to buy OEM parts from Audi for that sort of money being quoted as you would probably buy another 2004 A4 for less than what it will cost to replace and paint them.

Maybe have a look on the donedeal crashed/repaired section for a donor car? Non OEM body panels are hit and miss around proper fitment.

It's a tdi sline quattro which is rare and I'll never be selling it so I have no problem having it looking good if there isn't a decent cheaper alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Unless you are planning on doing the fitting, prepping and spraying yourself you are going to have to pay someone to do it.

You should get a quote from a bodyshop for repairing the rot on the existing wings first.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Unless you are planning on doing the fitting, prepping and spraying yourself you are going to have to pay someone to do it.

You should get a quote from a bodyshop for repairing the rot on the existing wings first.

Might do that, they aren't too bad yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Vic_08 wrote: »

Got this done on my B5 passat - worked out a treat and still in perfect nick four years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Had a quick look and any I came across were bubbling also, very common problem.

I'd buy the oem ones as a last option but if someone had experience of good non oem ones I'd be interested to hear. See some for like 30 and 40 a pop, could be worth a shot to see how it fits

Pattern parts are never going to fit like genuine parts. The crease lines are never perfect not to mind the gap lines . You have time , a good second hand pair will come up you just got to keep looking which is a better option than forking out €600 .

What colour is your car?

Car99 wrote: »
    Pattern parts are never going to fit like genuine parts. The crease lines are never perfect not to mind the gap lines . You have time , a good second hand pair will come up you just got to keep looking which is a better option than forking out €600 .

What colour is your car?

Yeh will keep a look out too.
    It's that denim blue colour, common enough in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Car99 wrote: »

What colour is your car?

Yep. And the A4 needs to have 100% perfect fit because of the way the bumpers are.

Advertisement