Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a new tyre, any recommendation?

Options
  • 09-08-2020 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there I need a new tyre for nct, I currently have Bridgestone tyres but garage couldn’t get them in for me and offered me a Kenda tyre are they any good? Any other recommendations or a good tyre brand that has good wet grip in particular? I may stick with Kenda until I need to replace the other tyres which are nearly 4 years old they are at 4-5mm so have a few months before they need changing whereas one that needs changing is at 2mm.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Don't mix tyres on the same axle as it's definitely not recommended....

Could you try a place that does part worms to do you over and replace both then to at least keep the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I’d plan to change the Kenda when the Other tyres at 4mm ones go down to 2.5/3mm. And stick with the same brand of tyres. When I last had to change my tyres I kept them all the same even if one was 5mm and rest were 2/3mm at that point. They had been different branded ones before I changed them all the Bridgestone. I wasn’t too pleased with the other branded ones before I got Bridgestone and have preferred the Bridgestone. Would I be better of sticking with Bridgestone otherwise if I can get it elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you try a different place for a Bridgestone tyre? Its not as if they are a rare brand, nearly every tyre centre in the country stocks Bridgestone unless your car has some odd sized tyres on it. Kenda a Chinese budget tyre which is enough said for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Stay clear of China rubber it's just something I wouldn't trust and have experience.... Didn't end well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Kenda would be the worst but would be far from the best.
    Try openeo or tyreleader or the likes and buy online and get tge ones you want

• Advertisement
Advertisement