Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/Internet in Aylesbury Park in Sligo

Options
  • 09-03-2015 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello everyone,

Next month I'll be moving from Dublin to Sligo. It looks like I'll be living on Whitestrand Road in Aylesbury Park in Sligo. I know it's litle bit suburb area so I'd like to ask is there any option to have a broadband there? If so, what would you recommend ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

nice estate....we live round the corner and have efibre with eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    nice estate....we live round the corner and have efibre with eircom

Thanks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Might be worth checking on the UPC site to see if you are in their coverage area. Some of the estates around that area have UPC.

Ok guys maybe it will help to somebody in the future. It was only three options here - eircom, pure telecom and Vodafone (unfortunately no UPC broadband - only tv). As I need broadband only (without TV, phone bundles etc) I signed for Pure Telecom's pure broadband as they offered the best price. Speed is OK (all providers offered the same as they use the same infrastructure) and there are no download limits. Instalation was quite quick and so far there was no problems in last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭red bellied

Vodafone are cheaper than Pure for just a broadband package.

• Advertisement

Well, maybe they are now. In April when I signed for Vodafone was 38 euros while pure 36. How much is it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭red bellied

No you are right I see pure have fibre fixed deal for 36 without paying for landline. Vodafone are now 38, they must have upped price recently from 35. They use to have a 40gig allowance for 25 per month but they must of done away with it. Sori are launching in Sligo in the next 6 months so they might be worth considering when your contract is up.

No you are right I see pure have fibre fixed deal for 36 without paying for landline. Vodafone are now 38, they must have upped price recently from 35. They use to have a 40gig allowance for 25 per month but they must of done away with it. Siri are launching in Sligo in the next 6 months so they might be worth considering when your contract is up.

eeeggghhh I'm sticked with them for 18 months, so 17 left ;-) still plenty of time. Anyway I spotted some companies offering good deals for first few months (up to 6 to be precise) but later on the price increases a lot.

Advertisement